Help asking a man about paternity ...?

My husband has never known his father. I tracked down the man that I am about 96% sure is his father. I don't know what to believe about why he wasn't in his life because my husband's mother is a compulsive liar!

So, I was wondering if any of you or your men have been through this and can help me find the RIGHT way to ask him. ? I don't know if he knew about my husband or not or if he will be pissed or ok with it, soooo ANY help you ladies have on what you think I should say or not say or how to phrase it would be greatly appreciated! THANK YOU!

teardrop_7060

Asked by teardrop_7060 at 10:09 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• Maybe just show him a picture and give him some background on why you went looking for him in the first place. If they look that much a like and he knows his mom, I would think he would want to know if it was his son. Good luck!!
    Whoda

Answer by Whoda at 11:30 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• bumphow are you 96 % sure ? what evidence do u have ? just curious.

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 10:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I found my ex husbands father. I straight up asked the guy if he had 2 kids that he signed his rights from. Come to find out he was a cool guy and my ex's mom was the wench.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:13 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• The name is VERY RARE, I had a last name that was unique enough ... Granatiowski ... and this name is seen even less. The birth month is right and the birthplace is right. He lives in the right state, has been married 24 years which means it was AFTER my husband was born and he looks EXACTLY like the guy! There is always the possibility that anotherguy has the same very unique name, birthday, place of birth and state of residence, so I give a very little margin for error but looking at the pic I am pretty convinced! I found him on Facebook of all places :P
    teardrop_7060

Comment by teardrop_7060 (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Dude, my ex looks just like his dad too.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:34 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Yeah it's creepy they could be twins! And my hubby's mother is a psycho wench too! and this guy seems to be all about family from what I see on his page.
    teardrop_7060

Comment by teardrop_7060 (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Well, what I would do is just give him the information you have and let him know that you're just wondering if it could be a possibility. He may or may not know that he possibly has a son and really, the only way to find out is to get in touch with him and have him take a paternity test.

heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 2:17 PM on Apr. 30, 2011