So when it comes to my child I need to " mind my own buisness"

That was said to me.

First let me start out at the ( sort of ) begining.

My soon to be ex husband ( we are not divorced yet but almost there ) is now living with the woman he cheated on me with ( and ended our 12 year marriage) , not only are they living together and having a baby together but she now thinks she can raise my children.

We have 3 children, I have main custody and he has them 2 days ( 1 night) a week - that is when she feels like having them at the house ( many times he has gone a few weeks without seeing them because she had such bad morning sickness there could be no "visitors") ....

This past week I let him have them an extra day since I was keeping them on easter ( even though I cant stand them I do believe in putting up a united front and trying to make peace so our kids think we like each other) ... BUT I think that is almost lost now because of what they pulled.

The 2nd day they were over there my 5 year old daugher fell off of the porch and broke her arm, almost broke her leg and had to get stiches in 2 places....and they said they didnt have to call me...... what the heck ? My child got severly injured and had to stay the night in the hospital, but i wasnt even told about it until I went to pick her up the next evening and seen the cast and marks !!!!

the excuses they used was " its none of my business" and " since I talked to her that day one time already, there didnt have to be another phone call made to me" and " she is there kid when at their house"

Are they freaking kidding me... I have NEVER acted like that when it comes to our kids... I even say nice things about *her* so they will like her ..I always wanted my ex and I to be like partners in rasiing them, I even offered for us to go and sit together at our oldest ball games ( of course they didnt even go ) ...

I mean is that even right ? If you are divorced and you child went for a visit to their dads and got that injured - is that fair for them to NOT even call to tell you what happened?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Wow! That is SO selfish of them! Didn't it ever occur to them that your little girl might want you???
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:46 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• What a bunch of BS. You have EVERY right to know EVERYTHING about your children. I would be livid. They are completely and utterly in the wrong.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:46 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I would for sure have a talk with your little girl and let her know how sorry you are that you weren't there, that you didn't know when it happened, and if you had known, you would have been right there in the hospital with her. You don't have to tell her they didn't tell you, as she grows up, she'll figure this kind of thing out. Just let her know how much you love her!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Sorry that is just wrong..I would make sure that the custody agreement states something along the lines that if a child get's hurt (enough to end up in a hospital) that the parents have to contact each other...this way they can never say that to you again.

How horrible of them!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 10:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• That does sound pretty stupid. Its good that you are doing the right thing. They will get theirs one of these days.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 10:49 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Hell no. If my kids dad ever did that crap it would end right then and there!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:49 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• They were COMPLETELY wrong. I don't care whose house it was at. You are still her mother and they should have called you right away. Sorry if I sound so heated. As I was reading, I put myself in your shoes and it made me absolutely furious. I can even begin to understand how they could think that it is none of your business. That girl needs to be put in her place. I admire how calm you seem to be with her after the past you have been through. I hope everything for you comes out great. Best of luck and well wishes <3
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:50 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I would contact the hospital and have it put in the records that the next time your child is in the hosptial they have to call you. Your ex was a douche.
    ToraMay

Answer by ToraMay at 10:50 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• ALSO ... my daughter DID cry for me to where she got a TIME OUT because she was crying for me so much -- It makes me sooo mad, how in the world can you even think about punishing a little girl who is crying for her mommy when she is in that much pain...

The next time we go to court this will defiantly be brought up !
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• im worried. them not calling. to me. id be wondering what they are hiding, something just dont feel right about the whole thing.... but im paranoid like that. sorry. hope your dd is feeling better today. hugs.
    RoseWall

Answer by RoseWall at 10:57 PM on Apr. 29, 2011