What are your thoughts on the extreme couponing fraud?

It really doesn't surprise me, I've tried to use coupons for years and haven't been able to save a whole lot of money. I thought it was too good to be true when I heard about it the first time around.

Haven't read about the allegations? Here's a link to an article/blog entry explaining it.
http://supercouponing.com/extremecouponingquestions.html

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 10:50 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I hadn't heard about this, so thanks for posting. I watch that show and have do some couponing myself. I have gotten tons of stuff free, but never fraudulently and I've never done it to the extreme level they do it on. I'm not surprised someone figured out how to fraud the coupon system, but why would they be stupid enough to do it on national television?
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I have used coupons with big savings before but I only use them when I find one on a product I use all them time.

That being said some women DO save TONS of money without cheating or being illegal like this women did. What she did is just pathetic!!! I hope she gets legal action brought against her for this!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:00 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• – collapse
    Its not a fraud! My husbands Aunt does it and Ive seen her do!! Like where the store had to give her back money after 400 Dollars worth of shopping!
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 11:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• I have done some couponing in my day. I got tons of stuff for next to nothing. I would go to walgreens and get $80 worth of stuff for $15 or something and then get more back in rebates so basically made some money. So I know it can be done legally. Which is why this is disappointing. I have never fraudulently used or tried to use a coupon. And I stopped doing it because its just too time consuming for me. And there is only so much toothpaste a family needs lol.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 11:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I don't have thoughts on it, as I don't know much about it. I am intrigued though. There was a question about this a couple of weeks ago, but I have never seen this program or known of the phenomenon (not sure what else to call it).

As for couponing. I use them when I can remember to. Sometimes the store I go to doesn't have the brand that the coupon is for so it ends up in my purse until I clean it out. I love using them though, even if it's for a small amount. It's like someone just gave me a quarter.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I have seriously been sitting here this entire time reading every comment on that article. It makes me so sick that that lady would do that. People like that are going to ruin it for those of us who use coupons correctly and aren't HOARDERS. Pretty much everyone on that show has made me sick anyways.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:10 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Some people just always have to cheat . The thought that doing this is harmless and it's hurting anyone is wrong. Some where along the way some one is going to have to pay for the theft. Maybe the makers of the products, maybe the stores and maybe they jack up the prices even higher and we all pay.
    It's thoughtless and selfish.
    I hope she gets busted.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 11:17 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• That's just sad.
    Someone has way to much time on their hands if they need to figure out how to use coupons incorrectly.
    Whoda

Answer by Whoda at 11:17 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• UAFwife, it helps if you actually read the article. Then you can intelligently comment.

It really pisses me off the more I think about it. She thinks she is so smart, basically shoplifting out in the open. I hope she gets charged with something.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 11:20 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I only use the coupons that come with our Sunday paper. ANything else sounds too good to be true, fishy, and probably not legal.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:20 PM on Apr. 29, 2011