How can I make things comfortable for the both of them ?

Our daughter is 2. My husband went to prison about 8 months ago for driving on a barred license. (We were having a blizzard, the baby needed formula and he didn't want me to go out). Anyway, he is supposed to be home next month and is extremely nervous about our daughter being upset with him coming home when she has gotten so accustomed to it just being her and mommy. She sees him for 4 hours a day 3x's a week, so she hasn't forgotten him at all, but I do understand his concern. She loves her mommy and me time. So how can I make him feel comfortable to be home and keep her from feeling like he is taking her place at the same time ? We have been together for 7 years (since I was 16) and we have a great relationship, we are very touchy feely LoL So I want to be able to keep that without upsetting our daughter and making her feel like I'm replacing her. Any ideas on how to do so would be very much appreciated. Please no nasty remarks about him being in prison. Thanks :))

Mrs.Harris138

Asked by Mrs.Harris138 at 10:56 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• frist of all keep doing all the things with your daughter, we your husband comes home spend time alone with him at night while your daughter sleeping, include them both like invite them to a movie & dinner take a spceal day a week for you & your daughter . show them both love
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 10:30 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• First of all, it's probably going to be easier than you think. What about if you were to meet somewhere, like at a restaurant, spend the day doing fun stuff, and during the process, he can explain that he's coming home now?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:57 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• When she sees him, she gets so excited and yells "daddy" over and over and runs to him. So we thought about me picking him up and surprising her. Do you think that would be too much ?
    Mrs.Harris138

Comment by Mrs.Harris138 (original poster) at 10:59 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I can't say, since I don't know her, but you could surprise her somewhere besides home, even.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:03 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• PRISON? For a suspended license?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Apr. 30, 2011