Do you notice that a lot of members here misunderstand or don't read the whole question? Why even answer the question if you fail to read the details? Doesn't make any sense!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in About CafeMom

• A lot of people don't bother to read the part inside the question, only the part on the subject line. I wonder how many of them are also the ones who never go back to questions after they answer them, and never read the other answers, so they don't even realize how stupid they make themselves look by doing it. The ones I really don't understand are the ones where it's obvious the question is just a teaser, and the real information is inside, because the info on the subject line has nothing to do with the category it's in. You'd think that at least would be a clue to pay a little more attention.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Uh oh....I know I've been guilty of this once or twice...I try to go back and correct my answer if I realize I misunderstood but I'm sure I havent always done it...

Sorry to offend Anon {wink}
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:02 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• When I first started doing this, I found myself misunderstood a lot and trying to add details as the answers came. I think I learned as I went how to word questions more clearly and that helped, but there are some people who still don't get it. I think if someone wants to give a good answer, they should not only read the question, but anything the OP says after it as well, so they aren't being redundant.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:13 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• some people skin it or some people probably just want the points
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 11:02 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• i meant skim lol
    KiraStadnik

• Caught me anon.. jk lol

I've accidentally done this a couple times, but I always go back and re-answer stating my mistake.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 11:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Oh yeah, it happens a LOT. It really gets on my nerves, so I rarely come to this area anymore. Way too much of the not reading, bashing, etc. going on here. I've lost count of the number of things that I've had to say at least 5 times that it's not about me, it's just a random question because people will answer before they read the details. The way I see it, if you don't have the time to read the whole question, skip over it.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Sometimes if I don't understand the question I will re-read it one or two more times to make sure I understand. If I'm still unsure, I would rather give someone a bump than to answer the question in the wrong way. I try to keep myself from looking like a fool if at all possible. LOL!
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I'm sure some idiot is going to answer this question with 11 or blue.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:02 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• 11.
    Blue.
    Just joking. I wouldn't do this on purpose. I'm sure they didn't mean to miss whatever it was. I think you end up seeing answers to the title itself or to the last sentence.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2011