• In the Spotlight:

My husband wants another baby...

We already have a three year old, a two year old and a 4 month old. Plus before he shocked me with this I already wonder if I am pregnant. But already took two ClearBlue digital pregnancy tests and they came out negative but my body just feels odd though because my appetite has been off, I'm tired more and heck, I just had the best sex tonight and got teary afterwards. I have been an emotional wreck here lately. And no this is not a "Am I pregnant" question because I know you all aren't a doctor. (lol) I just don't what to think anymore. Why on earth does my husband want another baby so soon now? I asked him and all he'll do is shrug and say, "I don't know." What am I suppose to think to that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• He wants another baby because he probably sees only the good part of babies. He's not the one that has to do all the work!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 11:25 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• let him take care of the kids on his own for 2 days while you take a break and then he will want to wait or at least appreciate how hard work babies are. can you even afford another one? you know it's not that bad having another one in the mormon church they do which i am but i still wouldn't want one this soon. i would wait like 9 months to 1 yr and do it again.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• He probably loves his family so much that he wants the love to spread even wider. It's very sweet, but you've got to be the rational one! Don't get pregnant. Get some birth control quick, especially since he's on a mission to knock you up! You've got your hands very full at the moment. There is nothing wrong with waiting at least a year or two before having another one.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• well. my grandmother had 15 kids because her husband wanted to keep her pregnant so she wouldn't cheat on him. my mom said her dad's answer was always "i don't know"-not saying he's like that but step back, get on BC and make him give you a real reason why.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 1:25 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Well we can afford another baby and our finances aren't the problem. Its just that I had my daughter almost 4 months ago and I just want to enjoy her along with my two boys. And my husband just loves babies. (lol) I can't take birth control because the hormones for some make my anxiety worse and having an IUD I just can't handle that. I tried several different types of IUDs and ended up having panicky attacks because I had something stuck in my and I wouldn't be able to get it out. I also tried the patch and the nuva ring and well the patch came off too easily and ring came off once during sex and well I didn't trust the ring after that. So right now my husband is "grounded" from sex.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Try natural forms of birth control like learning to count your cycles or neem (an herb thats been used in india for hundreds of years with success) (of course neem might be hard bc HE has to take it.) My point being, there are ways you can control it without resorting to chemicals. And you are totally resonable for not wanting another right away.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 1:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2008