Can a single mother of 1 go do Law School?

I want to really bad but if I choose to, it means leaving my DH and being a single mother to DS... Do you think I could finish my bachelor´s and do law school as a single mother?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Money & Work

• As long as you have a solid support system, you can go to law school!

Answer by rkoloms at 5:30 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• If I loved my DH and had a child with him, I wouldn't leave that just to follow my dreams. Not to bash, but IMHO that is selfish. I would always put my family first (heck, that's what I'm doing right now or I would be following my dreams!). However, if for various reasons I felt the relationship wasn't good, then I'd have to evaluate based on that. Do what's best for your child, and by all means, believe that anything is possible!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Sure you can. My friend did it and she just passed the bar as a single mom.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:00 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Holy heck I feel REALLY bad for your husband.  Can you imagine if he came to you and said Im leaving and taking the kid because my job means more to me than you.  

Good golly with that kind of shallow love for people... leave your kid too... what is he/she going to have but daycare and more daycare with those hours.  And I KNOW what Im talking about because I have been married to an attorney for 18 yrs.  The child might be better off. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• You can do anything you really want to do. Set your goal and do it.

I don't see how you would have to leave your DH, but that is another story.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:09 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• why do u have to leave dh??? you can do anything u want!!!
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 11:10 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• DH does not want to come back to live in this country.. and I have to choose my dream or my love for him.. and well.. Its tough.. I would have to leave him..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:13 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Doesnt your husband fill fulfilled.. Aren´t you happy that he is able to provide for you in the way that he does? Arent you happy that he comes home every day and feels like he made someone in the world have a better day? Wouldn´t you love to feel fulfilled in the way that he does?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:40 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Is there something wrong with your DH that would make you want to leave him?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:08 PM on Apr. 29, 2011