More information on why my husband left...

He spanked my daughter after dinner and she started crying "Mama, Mama..." ...bc that's what 3 year olds do. And he started yelling at he "why do you always cry for mommy? I'm the bad guy." The he started yelling at me saying that I don't spank them hard enough or often enough (he spanks them for every little thing, which I don't agree with) and I told him I though he was abusive. He didn't say anything else and left. We txtd and he said he wasn't coming back tonight and I told him we needed to talk. He refused to talk about it, so I told him then he probably shouldn't bother coming back and he said ok so I asked him to bring the keys to my car and to the house and he left them outside the door.

Kword

Asked by Kword at 11:09 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• He's not willing to parent as a team then he may as well be the bad guy. Seriously, when you see him you need to fix this.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 11:13 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• yeah, I'd tell him to get some anger management help and a parenting class before he can come back in the house too!!! NO child should have to be in an abusive house!! Unbelievable!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:14 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I think both of you may need some counseling and some classes on effective co-parenting.It's not a bad thing. My husband and I did classes and couseling before we got married and I feel like it allows us to communicate better. He will come back when he has cooled off. Both of you need to cool off.

HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 11:18 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I know! It's not like he beats them, but he is too rough and when I call him out he gets mad. It's been the worst these past few months....he could be bipolar, but that's no excuse and I will do what I have to protect my children.
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 11:17 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• your gettin off easy if he just gave back keys with no problem , but of course that dont help the pain your in-- but it could be alot worse , I really feel for you , BUT being that i been thru this shit a time or two cause im sure im older , your better off and kids to at this point , and i realize thats easy for me to say.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:23 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• It sounds like your methods of parenting are different. If you want the relationship to last then you need to compromise. But the way you made it sound, I'd be surprised if he comes back. Good Luck!
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I don't really concider spanking a child abuse at all. Alot of people like to jump to the abuse thing when a hand is laid on a child. seems like something that can be worked out and since he left kind of seems more like an emotional thing and how he said he was the bad guy. maybe he doesnt feel as if you are helping disipline the way he thinks you should be.
    this doesnt sound like abuse to me. it is like he wants to or enjoys it

i agree with protecting your children but i also belive you can protect them when they need to be protected which this mght not be the case. but i am also going off what you said, if there is more to the story then go with you gut. only you know whats going on and what is best for you and yours
    LovinMyJay4

Answer by LovinMyJay4 at 11:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2011