Moved back to my home town...now my friends are not interested in seeing us...

I just dont get it. My phone would ring and go off with texts constantly before we came back. They were constantly begging us to visit and meet them places. Now that we are here, no calls, no text and my "friends" disappeared. I just don't understand why. It's hurting me. They are ghost like. I reach out to them and they don't respond or don't even invite us to spend time with them. I am hurt and wondering if they are true friends.

What should I do? Keep trying to contact them....or simply walk away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• walk away.
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 12:16 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I would just flat out ask. "What's up? Howcome you wanted to see us all the time when we didn't live here and now i can't get ahold of you?" either they will straighten up or they will keep making excuses and then you will have your answer.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:33 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I don't know what else to do besides talking to them and asking if something is wrong. Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• When did you get back? How long were you gone? Sorry :( I'd say keep on keeping on, and see if y'all can hook up at least to talk.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:33 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• How old are you all?
    How old are your kids?
    How many of the friends have kids?

If I were to move back "home" now after being gone for 20 yrs and having 3 kids (two teens and a tween) Im sure my friends would be hard press to fit me in as often as I would like. It isnt that they dont like me any more... it is that we simply grew up and have our own busy lives. Kids make for busy lives.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I would let it be.. shoot them an email.. facebook.. or txt.. and put out an open invitation to go out sometime, or come & see your new place.. Put it in their ball court & let it be.. You tried, its on them now.

I always see old friends in public, they will just hug me & seem so ecstatic to see me & want to catch up.. phone numbers are exchanged. facebook accounts are founds... then... NOTHING.... a year later the same thing will happen...
    They are very outgoing type people. If they want to hang out they make it clear. Its just them & why we got along so well lol. cuz i am very shy. reserved. (and they dont know but i have a bit of anxiety now so making the connection is even harder now).
    Ive learned to just let it be & to not get my hopes up. Our lifes are very different now.
    Its even hard to get together with my bff of 20yrs more than onces a month or so. We have family & our daily tasks & the world just keeps going.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:28 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Contacting someone online or via text is a different experience than face-to-face. Some people are more comfortable without face-to-face. There are issues of money to go out - hiring a babysitter, paying for dinner etc. If you really want to reconnect to your local friends in the more personal face-to-face manner, I suggest hosting an open house and providing the food/drinks or doing a byob & providing snacks/requesting everyone bring a snack. If the issue is money, eliminate it by offering a cost-free gathering. If the issue is childcare, invite their kids as well and have the gathering at a kid-friendly time. You could also hire a babysitter to watch the kids while your friends were there. People become much more busy when kids arrive and friendships usually suffer. I think it is great that your friends keep in touch with you. You could also visit them individually and meet at the mall or a park.
    flightless

Answer by flightless at 11:15 AM on May. 2, 2011