Advice please

So I dropped out of school at 15. Because I was a runaway and got pregnant I went to an online home school program and got my diploma at 19. I still have just my one child so please don't tell me how irresponsible I was I have learned anyway I want to go to collage but I want to do something like paralegal or forensic science is this still possible for me? My problem is that I want to do something along these lines but I also need to work and be a mother I guess I'm scared to try but anyway can I actually as they say "be anything I wanna be" even though I kinda set back my life with no finishing school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Money & Work

• well if you have your high school diploma, then yes anything is still possible for you. you can always go to school. Now days they have online college so yo can get your associates online or you can just go to the community college and register there. A lot of techinical school are better for paralegal studies. I mean, you really didnt set your life back. your still young and can still get a degree. itll be nerve racking starting school at first, but you will get used to it.
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 11:53 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• You can do anything you want to do. You want a good life for you and your child. Go ahead while you are young.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:56 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Absolutely... look at it like this... any positive things you do to improve your life will improve your child's life... so go for it...
    AyamiLove

Answer by AyamiLove at 12:14 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I am a stay at home mom and I go to the University of Phoenix, and I love it! I am able to still do my everyday life and still go to school and it is easy so its not too hard to do with my 3 kids at home with me!
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 12:07 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• You CAN do anything you want to do at any age! I have a friend who is my age (36), she is married, has 2 kids and just started pharmacy school this year. The location where she takes classes is an hour and half away and the actual school itself is 4 hours away, but she is doing great and making it work. She has a lot of support as far as people watching out for the kids.

If you want it bad enough, you will make it happen.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:53 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• You can do ANYTHING if you put your mind to it!!
    It won't be easy but, anything worthwhile is not easy!!
    Go For It!!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 8:23 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• With dedication, and reliable child care, you can do it!!

Answer by rkoloms at 5:31 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• You can do it. I was so impressed with my supervisor at the museum I worked at while in college. She had gotten pregnant at 15 in West Virginia, but then joined the military and afterwards put herself through college. Find people that will encourage you, push you when you want to give up, and give you a shoulder to cry on and you can get through it. It's never too late; the future has not been determined.
    wellnessandme

Answer by wellnessandme at 10:37 AM on May. 3, 2011