LIE PART THREE

In conclusion I never really got my answer so I will ask it only this last time. SO ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY IS IT OKAY TO LIE FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DO, I REPEAT DO CELABRATE AND ARE CHRISTIAN I REPEAT ARE CHRISTIAN. SO MANY OPINIONS SO MUCH NEGITIVITY. UNCALLED FOR. JUST WANT A SIMPLE ANSWER.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I asked a question earlier to all Christians:
    This is for Christians only please (part one)
    NO BASHING PLEASE I don’t want to offend anyone I just have a question. As a Christian do you think its okay to lie? 1john 3:8 brings out that those who lie originate with the devil for the devil has been lying from the beginning of time…… So with this said is it okay?
    Almost everyone answered no it’s not okay to lie except one person.
    Answered at 12:53 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 by: NO!
    •

Answered at 12:55 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 by: I think you answered your own question. No, it is not ok to lie!

Anonymous

• •Answered at 12:55 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 by: Anonymous No its not okay to lie, but sometimes to salvage someones feelings or if it will keep you alive you need to.
    •
    •Answered at 12:58 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 by: I'm sorry, I respectfully disagree with Anon 12:55. All lies (sin) end up causing some kind of problem in the long run. If someone asks you your opinion, you should do everything you can to kindly tell them what you think, but you should not lie to them. And imo, lying to "keep you alive" is a lack of faith in God to protect you.

Anonymous

• •Answered at 1:13 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 by: a sin is a sin

Answered at 1:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 by: A lie is a lie and a sin is a sin and a lie is a sin!!! I agree that the Bible scripture you quoted really did already answer your question. Just trust God's Word and you will not go wrong... it is when we begin to question if we can manipulate it to suite our needs and desires that we tend to get into trouble of the worst kind!
    • Answered at 1:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 by: No it's not ok to lie.

Answered at 1:40 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 by: There is a difference between lying and giving your children joy-if thats what you are getting at. I will lie to high heaven to see the magic in my daughters eyes!
    Se•Answered at 3:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 by: hmm....and how many of you have really never said ONE lie?
    Anonymous

• 1john 3:8 brings out that those who lie originate with the devil for the devil has been lying from the beginning of time…….. If you tell your child about Santa... (He sees you when you’re sleeping he knows when you’re awake, he knows when you have been bad or good)... whose qualities are those? GODS you just gave god like qualities to a man who does not exist and you just gave him the powers that only god has. After your child finds out that Santa does not exist and that you lied.... might they question god? Maybe, maybe not. But keep in mind who sin/lying originates with (the devil). SO NOW YOU HAVE NOT ONLY LIED BUT ABOUT SOMETHING THAT DID NOT HAPPEN OR SHOULD NOT BE CELABRATED
    Anonymous

• SO WHY DO YOU SAY THIS THEN DO SOMETHING ELSE>
    Anonymous

• I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY.
    Anonymous

• IT MAKES CHRISTIANS LOOK LIKE LIERS
    Anonymous

• WE ARE NOT ALL LIKE THIS
    Anonymous

• It's not OK to lie. It's not OK to commit any sin as Chrisitans. So.. do Christians lie? christians do still sin, we will not be perfect until heaven.. we ask for forgiveness, repent and try not to repeat that sin. However, for the next part of your question... a christian can celebrate, observe, participate during the christmas season without lying.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 11:27 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• No i dont belive that and im christian
    Anonymous