Second time moms how did you react when you saw how small your baby was?

tonight one of my girlfriends delivered her second child{congrates to her!!!!} and im also expecting again. our first kids were 2 weeks apart from one another, but now our second ones will be 4.5 months apart. when we went to see her and the baby, i just couldnt believe how small her lil girl was!!!! { and she was just shy of a few ounces of my daughter at birth!} i was amazed! do we really forget how small they are when they come here?

bamamommy2009

Asked by bamamommy2009 at 12:18 AM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I sure did, and I missed it! :)
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:23 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My 2nd child was actually bigger than my 1st, he was quite a little chunk! My 3rd was the smallest of them all and yes, he did look tiny..... unfortunately they grow up way too fast....
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:27 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• that they do! today i walked into my lil girls room to finish dressing her and she had already put her pants on all by herself

{and these dang pants she had picked are a pain in the butt to put on!} and had her shoes on the right feet!!!! i couldnt help but hug her and tell her how proud i was of her, but i was trying so hard not to cry too :')
    bamamommy2009

Comment by bamamommy2009 (original poster) at 12:33 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I can't wait til baby #2 is born. Only 2 mr mos!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 12:35 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• aw congrates vero0724,boy or girl or a suprise? well find out what we are having in 3 weeks i cant wait!!!
    bamamommy2009

Comment by bamamommy2009 (original poster) at 12:40 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Second DD really was tiny compared to first DD, but my issue was that I hadn't realized just how big my 3-going-on-4-year-old had gotten from birth until I compared her to her newborn sister.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 3:48 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I'm currently pregnant with number two and have a long way to go but you're right I see my son now and can't believe how big and independent he got and can't wait to do it again with baby number 2
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 4:25 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I have not delivered baby number two yet (any day now)...but my ds.was NOT small!!!! They kept telling me he was going to be...and then he wasnt (9lbs 8oz)...my first words were literally "that is.not a small baby". Even so, he is 4 now and i think back to when he was "little". They grow up so fast...some days it makes.me so sad!
    momti

Answer by momti at 12:02 PM on Apr. 30, 2011