Curse You!

My husband and I have always said "Curse you" when someone sneezes as a joke. I only say it to family and friends, but he doesn't. Any who, both my daughters say it now when anyone sneezes. I think it is super funny and cute. But I have been starting to wonder how others might feel about it. So what would you think if a 5 or 2 year old said that to you after you sneezed?

katrinad

Asked by katrinad at 12:22 AM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Personally I would think it was funny lol....but I know some people are not going to like that...{sigh}
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:26 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• LOL, I've never heard that. I'd be like, no, please don't curse me, bless me, lol
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:55 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• as a Christian..I would find it very funny!
    Im sure not everyone would though. Im sure sometimes people would be caught off guard & think of it even as bad manners.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:17 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• haha, I'd probably find it funny.

I'm sure there will be those who feel differently, though.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:40 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Funny but also a bit impolite.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:06 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I'd find it hilarious!

I'm an atheist. I've always been uncomfortable with the "God bless you" thing after sneezing, and I've felt weird about what to teach my kids to do after a sneeze. I usually just say "excuse me" after I sneeze, and my son (age 4) has been starting to do that - it makes sense to him since that's what we've taught him to do after burping, etc.

Still, as funny as the "curse you" thing is, I doubt I'd want my kids saying it. We live in a really religious part of the country and I know it wouldn't be taken well around here.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 11:01 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• LMAO! I would laugh my ass off!

I honestly wouldn't teach my kids to, simply because of where we live, It could actually be a threat to their physical health.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:21 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My response is.. words have power.. joke or not ...
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:16 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Depending on how you presented it with your personality. I would laugh because of my personality. It reminds me of "mis-fortune" cookies after Chinese. Cute!
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 5:52 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I understand what a lot of you are saying. I don't really live in a super religious area, but I worry about how they will be perceived. They say it so casually that I'm not sure people would catch it right away. Thanks for all of your opinions!
    katrinad

Comment by katrinad (original poster) at 7:38 PM on Apr. 30, 2011