Is it OK for your man to have feelings for someone else?

What if you and your man were like totally in love and everything BUT he got upset if he saw his ex with another man? Like they are totally divorced and he says that he cares about her because they were good friends but that's it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm someone that believes that you can love multiple people at the same time. I did. I also know that my DH still has feelings for someone from his past. I'm ok with it because I asked him about it. And he says that he wouldn't be with her if he could- that the feelings are still there but they are two completely different people now and it wouldn't work. I wouldn't want to take those feelings away from him. Who am I to tell him what to feel and for who? As long as he doesn't feel like he wants to be with her and is happy and still in love with me I am ok.

meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:52 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Ummm...NO, it is not okay
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:46 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• No.
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 12:47 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• NOT ok
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 12:48 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• completely not ok. It'd be weird thats hes even BOTHERED by the fact that shes with another man .

NOW if they ARE Good Friends and they dude treats her like shit..ok maybe he could be bothered by that because any FRIEND would be.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 12:55 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Not okay.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:58 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Not okay in the slightest....unless he still has feelings for her then why does he even care that she is with someone else? She should be a non entity to him...nope not cool
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:01 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• oooo I personally wouldn't feel good about it.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 2:26 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I am sorry, but people cannot help the way they feel. It is perfectly fine to have romantic feelings for other people, but it is not okay to act upon those feelings. You just need to remember that he is with you and not the ex. Obviously, things didn't work out between him and he has moved on.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 8:29 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• no because that means he is not totally over her. I talk to my ex every few months (because we have a child together) and tell him to move on with his life, thats what a real EX does. They don't have bad feelings for the person, but they also have no convern about them who their with or what their doing
    thelovelymzbre

Answer by thelovelymzbre at 8:38 AM on Apr. 30, 2011