How did you announce the gender?

my 1st pregnancy my mother, BD,and his mother was in the room with the ultra sound tech as we had our gender revieled and then we texted everyone afterward. no vert exciting......
well have you heard of these gender cakes? the ultrasounf tech calls your local bakery who will make a cake with either pink or blue cake and you cut the cake and that is how you and your spouse find out the sex.
i say this bc my husband and i are doing something similar. we are planning on finding out on may 18 but having a family get together on the 21 and we arent telling the family till then but we are having one of those cakes made{with us already knowing} and when we serve the cake thats how we plan to tell the family.
my question is how did you break the gender of your baby to your family?

bamamommy2009

Asked by bamamommy2009 at 12:46 AM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• That's so cute, I've never heard of it before. With my kids I just called my family and told them, not exciting over here either.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:56 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I texted because i was soooooo excited.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 2:25 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• With the first DD, they weren't 100% sure she was going to be a girl, but we just called people and told them. With second DD, they also weren't fully sure, but we texted and posted on FB. We're all kinds of imaginative there. :)
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 3:45 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My mom was in the room when I had ultrasound done so she knew, my sister guessed by looking at sono pictures and my mom told everybody else
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 4:20 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Thats cute.

My Mum called right after I had the baby (I was in the states, she was in Australia) and i told her it was a girl..........lol very normal!
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:22 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• We didn't peek.
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 3:53 PM on Apr. 30, 2011