HELP! SEVERE pain in my left arm!!

the red circle is where the severe pain starts. its a very sharp pinching pain that comes on extremely suddenly and basically knocks me down. I can't talk through the pain, I can hardly walk. The sharp pain lasts a minute or so and stops. its kind of throbbing, and the area that it comes from, is tender to the touch and I think touching it makes the pain come back. it shoots across and down my arm and makes the whole upper arm ache. it tingles all the way down to my fingers.

my mom thinks its a pinched nerve from holding my kids. the chair at our computer desk is lower than it should be i think and so my arms are up higher than at a normal desk (the chair is broken so i can't make it higher) so maybe thats doing it?

anyway I'm wondering if anyone has any idea as to what the pain might be and how I can get rid of it!

I don't have medical insurance so I don't want to go to the doctor unless it was life threatening...

I've been stretching since this came on this evening but it still happens. (this is the third instance of this happening. the first was about two weeks ago or so, and the other about a week ago) this evening I've had about five shooting pains pretty close together...

heelppp :/

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:59 AM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Health

• I have no idea but I sympathize. This afternoon my right shoulder started having stabbing shooting pains that are pretty much constant. It's in the upper shoulder towards the inside and the pain can go all the way down my arm into my wrist and sometimes tingles. It hurts like crazy. I can't think of a thing I did to bring it on. It's not the same thing but I am definitely sympathizing with anyone who has arm pain right now! Lol! Golly, it hurts just to type this. :-S I hope both our pains go away by tomorrow at the latest!
    GodsAmiga

Answer by GodsAmiga at 1:38 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• sounds a lot like mine though! I'm prettttty sure its a pinched nerve. I think the way I sit at the computer makes it worse. Thanks for the support!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Comment by ElsaSalsaaa (original poster) at 1:39 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• It just might be the same thing! I might've picked up one my kids wrong or something. I know I've had this before but I can never figure out exactly what I did to make it start up. Lol! It usually went away within a couple days so hopefully that's what happens for both of us. :-)
    GodsAmiga

Answer by GodsAmiga at 1:53 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• i agree about a nerve... see a chiropractor
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:36 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Chiropracter can help if its nerve pain. But keep an eye on it Mama...do you have any family history of blood clots? had surgery recently?
    elijahsmama09

Answer by elijahsmama09 at 3:34 PM on Apr. 30, 2011