If your pregnant with your BOYFREIND should the baby have his name or mine?

sydney1026

Asked by sydney1026 at 1:08 AM on Apr. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• Depends on what you are comfortable with. Personally I'd have my last name. Simply because you never know if this relationship is going to last, unless you are married or engaged and its easier if the child has your name if the relationship were to end
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 1:13 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I put both our last names together. I was planning on doing it even if we were married.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:17 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I agree with SWEET. I didnt... and gave both kids his last name...UGHHHH lets just say 8 yrs later, broke up, custody battle , them having his last name PROVED to be a CLUSTER!!!!! still going through it a yr later we are still in court............should have listened to parents and given them my last name.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 1:24 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Well since you aren't married it has to be your last name.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 1:41 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• depends on the relationship & the way you feel & his fathering abilities.
    Is it possible you may get married. Do you feel ok with his last name on the certificate? Is he going to be an active father, or is there a chance he could be a dud?
    For me.. if a father plays a role in the childs life (married to mom or not) Id give the child dads name, its just how "it is done" (tradition). But if the father has to be tracked down for child support or doesnt seem interested or attached to child. then the father doesnt deserve his name being passed on.

We all know who our moms are. our last names are usually a fathers connection to the child..
    Also think about future kids... I know someone who had 3 kids with 3 different fathers & the mom was embarrassed cuz when she enrolled all the kids in school each of them had a different last name & NONE matched hers ... (mom had her maiden name, kids each had dads name. and she was single)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:58 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• depends on what you want
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 1:58 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• my boyfriend and i were together for 7 years before i got prego so he got his last name and we are still together
    martinsmom2008

Answer by martinsmom2008 at 9:19 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• his
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• i believe that if his name is on the bc, it should his....but in the end, its totally p to you. thats something that you and him need to talk about
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 10:33 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Yours, trust me it will be so much easier
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 12:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2011