Still lactating!?....idk if this is tmi so i will just put a warning up anyways! adult content

ok so I had my daughter 7 months ago and I stopped breastfeeding her when she was a month.....both of my boobs are....idk....what do you guys think is that normal....????

raeyliNlilysmom

Asked by raeyliNlilysmom at 1:41 AM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Health

• Talk to me when your still lactating 4 yrs later lol....for some women the milk never completly goes away (me included obviously lol) I think there are things you can do to help dry it up but I don't know what any of those things are lol...it's not like a whole lot for me so I never really gave it a 2nd thought except to make sure it was normal
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:43 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Breasts are designed to stop making milk very slowly over YEARS. Most mammals wean their young when they are 2/3 of the way to sexual maturity, and for humans that's about 7 years! When we stop nursing suddenly it's very common for breasts to continue to make milk for a long time afterward.

It's all good, mama :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:49 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• ok hank you ladies I appreciate your answers! :)
    raeyliNlilysmom

Comment by raeyliNlilysmom (original poster) at 1:53 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• You keep making milk after you wean to protect your baby/child in cases of severe illness, famine, or natural disaster..
    mommawhite08

Answer by mommawhite08 at 2:00 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• my mom still is after 8 years
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 2:18 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I'd say do what they recommend moms who are not going to be breastfeeding do to try to stop or lessen the flow. Ice them and avoid excess stimulation.
    EdwinsMommy

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 2:21 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• i stopped breastfeeding my son about 3 months and i lactated 3 months.hope this helps just dont put pressure on them they should dry up.
    eliesmommy1989

Answer by eliesmommy1989 at 9:43 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• yup
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:35 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Ask your doc for something to help dry it up. Its normal though.
    elijahsmama09

Answer by elijahsmama09 at 3:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• normal
    dtMOM09

Answer by dtMOM09 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 30, 2011