About birth control. adult content

I read about a lot of birth control methods where you don't get your period for months and even years and I always thought that was unhealthy because where does all that waste go then? I'm on the Implanon birth control and thankfully I get a normal period with it, anyone else think that not getting a period is dangerous?

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 2:44 AM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Health

• I've thought this same exact thing. I've seen that commercial for some birth control pill where they say a monthly period isn't medically necessary or something like that and all I think is "WHAT??" lol. Maybe there isn't idk but I'd just think all that blood and stuff would get backed up and can't possibly be healthy. I wouldn't be put on one that wouldn't give me a normal period because I'd just feel unsafe about it.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 2:59 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I don't think it is healthy. Every year you see a new BC method on TV and every year another is involved in a class-action law-suit. The microprint list of side-effects (effects!) of the various BC methods is scary. I prefer less invasive methods of family planning. I already have enough reproductive problems and other health problems.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 3:20 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• What it does in a sense is cause your uterine lining to thin. So it doesn't have to slough off every month. The problem with this is if you then want to become pregnant, then you have a harder time not conceiving, but keeping the baby. Your uterine lining has become use to being thin so your uterus has become an hostile environment for a fetus, and the placenta most likely will not attach.
    daps

Answer by daps at 3:29 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• i think what it does is stop your ovulation. no ovulation = no unfertilized egg to get rid of each month.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:35 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• i think that if i were worried about it, i would be sure to not use that kind of bc
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:33 AM on Apr. 30, 2011