Anyone have a scheduled c-section and go into labor beforehand?

It's kind of a silly question but it's become something that I've worried about lol. I have my c-section scheduled for May 23 and I'm afraid I'll go into labor beforehand. My doctor is over an hour away from where I live and I'm scared of going into labor and delivering in the car before I get there. I know it's not very likely. It's just one of my many crazy pregnancy fears I guess lol.

tiffanynichols

Asked by tiffanynichols at 3:43 AM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yep i did, my son is almost 9 now, but his due date was june 14 and the had it scheduled for june 11th, he was born june 4th. it sucked because by the time i got to the hospital in the middle of the night they had to call everyone in and would give me nothing for pain, my contractions were so strong and i was dialated to 5, and they did give me a c- section that is why they wouldn't give me anything for the pain because i had to wait for all the right people. but on the plus side i was so mad that they were picking his birthday, i thought it should be when he was ready, and i guess that is what he thought too.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:48 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I haven't but my sister did, she had a scheduled c-section but my nephew came before she got to the hospital in time but had a vaginal birth
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 3:52 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• It is not very likely. Most women labor anywhere from 15-20 hours before they give birth. I labored for over 16 hours with the first. My sister labored for six, but that is still enough time for you to get to the hospital. You will be ok. :)
    jadenmasonmom

Answer by jadenmasonmom at 9:07 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Wow... see that's what I'm scared of lol
    tiffanynichols

Comment by tiffanynichols (original poster) at 3:53 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• my water broke 15 minutes before my scheduled csec. lol.
    Noodlesbaby

Answer by Noodlesbaby at 4:38 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• LOL did they go ahead and give you a c-section?
    tiffanynichols

Comment by tiffanynichols (original poster) at 4:42 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My SIL had her water break on the operating table because an emergency section got bumped in front ot her. As soon as her water broke (she was having light contractions before that) they made her an emergency section too and got her right in with a different doc. The chances really depend on how accurate your due date is and how much before the due date you are scheduled. Another friend was trying for a VBAC and they made her schedule a sectionfor 41 weeks. Well she went into labor the night before her induction and went to the hospital and have a wonderful vaginal birth. They didn't section her when she got there though because she was trying for a VBAC.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:24 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Technically. The doctor wanted to give me a section on June 16. I was supposed to come in for an ultrasound on June 15 to see how big the baby was then have the section on June 16. Luckily, my baby was born vaginally on June 14 instead; at 8:15 in the morning. Weighing 8lbs 15oz too; not the 9+ they were estimating (the ONLY reason she wanted to give me the section in the 1st place)
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 4:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2011