Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

I need HELP. Im homeless & needing immediate advice on what to do!

I live in emporia kansas. Im homeless, jobless, & carless. My DS is 2 & idk what to do from here... I need any advice on services i can turn to for help with possibly getting a vehicle & getting a job & place to live. I jus became homeless tonight (cont)

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 AM on Apr. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

Answers (12)
  • So i have no plan & need any advice you can offer.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:25 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

  • I'm so sorry to hear this. I don't really know but maybe try a shelter or something until you can get back on your feet. Hope everything gets better and again I"m so sorry. ((Hugs))

    Answer by tiffanynichols at 4:48 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

  • I'm really sorry you're going through this. Maybe a church can help, or a women's shelter can help. I hope things get better for you soon.

    Answer by starchild663 at 4:57 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

  • yes maybe a church(people at churches may take you in if you let your situation be better known) or shelter like starchild said... im so sorry i dont know how to help you better, but my heart is with you and your son.

    Answer by jayme009 at 5:31 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

  • I hate to say this, but when a child is involved you should have been asking for advice before you were homeless, hon. Go to your local DHS office and file for medicaid, cash assistance and food stamps. Then ask what local shelters there.

    I give you my best. I really hope things turn around.

    Answer by meandrphoto at 5:35 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

  • :
    is a number I just looked up , it sounds like a good place and iwould go there for sure call here 888-797-3002
    it is for women and kids,
    take care.

    Answer by runningflame at 5:37 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

  • there are places you can go to, not too sure what is in your area bur social services should be able to help, and they can also direct you on other places, salvation army also. Church's may help also.

    Answer by jenn4443 at 6:25 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

  • Try churches, women's resource, friends and family. You could go to the local police station too and they could point you in a few directions as well. Good luck!

    Answer by tspillane at 7:14 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

  • Go to social services and they have a program that is once in a lifetime. They help pay the first months rent and deposit and can get you into an apartment. You can also apply for emergency aid, that gives you 3 months of TANF, food stamps and medicaid all at once, they also help with job placement and daycare.
    If it takes a day or two to get ask them for the location of the closest homeless shelter. Salvation army has shelters for families. They are kid friendly.

    Answer by gemgem at 7:31 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

  • you should go to church & pray first of all then go to homless shelter , call nurse hot line tell them u need help

    Answer by sassy21176 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.