How much should my almost 3yr old get a day?

I give her a daily vitamin, somedays 2 because she's been having growing pains. How much milk should I give her? She will be 3 at the end of June

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 5:30 AM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Toddlers are supposed to have 3 servings of dairy a day. 1 serving of milk is 8 oz, a serving of cheese is 1 ounce, a serving of yogurt is 6 or 8 oz...so the amount of milk she needs is based around how much other dairy she's getting - if she eats no cheese/yogurt/etc, then 24 oz of milk. If she eats a ton of cheese/yogurt/etc on a daily basis, she really doens't need any milk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I am no doctor, but you should never give them more than one a day. you can actually do damage to their kidneys, and there is such thing as too much of a good thing. You should call your Ped in the morning and ask, they will tell you right over the phone.
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 5:36 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My kids always drank a lot of milk. They never drank any other drink!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:30 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My 4 yr old and 2 yr old drink milk with every meal so 3 glasses a day, the rest of the time they drink water.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 6:57 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• 2 vitamins is TOO much for a 2 or 3 yr old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:58 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My doctor told me to give her 2. And the question wasn't about vitamins it was about milk thanks anyway
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 7:55 AM on Apr. 30, 2011