Why doesn't he understand??

I'm 8 months pregnant and I've asked the father of this baby for $25/week to help me with food expenses. I eat everything under the sun and I still eat on top of that. I don't know what more to do. I get only so much food stamps per month and it's not all mine. I have to share that money with my 2 year old daughter and my mother. The money is also to help me get an extra pair or two of pants because I don't fit into any of my clothing (except for sweat pants and pajamas.) He won't give me the money and he hasn't purchaced anything in preperation for the new baby (mainly because he feels I already have everything from my when my 2 year old was born). But he hasn't even bought any diapers or wipes. How do I get him to understand that this baby is a shared responsiblity?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• YOU aren't going to honey....HE IS A MAN...unless you take him to the state and pin him....he won't buy or pay for anything. GOOD LUCK
    Anonymous

• Hun with some of em they never learn. I'm sorry.

Anonymous

• yeah mine was that way but he sure got hit with a lot more when he didn't provide anything in the child support matter. he had a lot back child support to pay up on. so when you get child support for this baby make sure you tell them he never gave you anything and they will with hold his tax return. in fact they might be able to do it this yr if you act quickly on getting that done. he won't change his mind. it sucks and it hurts but maybe you should of seen what kind of guy you with before you slept with him. maybe you should give this baby up for adoption. if you can't take care of what you already have to take care of. i doubt he would mind much.
    Anonymous

• Go to family court and have them award you child support.  Does it even matter why he doesn't care?  Because it isn't that he doesn't understand it is simply that he doesn't care.

lvnmylif

Answer by lvnmylif at 11:50 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• At least now you know the type of man you are dealing with. I wouldn't expect too much of him. Try not to drive yourself crazy trying. He may grow up one day and pitch in. I'll pray that it's sooner than later. Until then, take care of you and take care of your babies mama. They'll be counting on you.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:51 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• All I know if he doesn't pay now slap his ass so hard with child support when you have this baby his momma will feel it!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• If you are receiving government assistance and you know who the father is, and the authorities know you're pregnant, they will go after him to repay them for their expenses for your baby. And after the child is born, you may HAVE to get a court order for child support or your benefits may suffer. All this depends on where you live and which authority you are receiving assistance (food stamps, etc.) from. You really should do some research on this ~ most of it is free to women on assistance. Get educated, honey, because it sounds like you may have to chase this one and do some garnishment to get what you and your baby DESERVE.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 10:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2008