Anyone have a 8yr old boy

My son has a Christmas Exchange and he got a 8 year old boy. Any ideas for a gift under $10-$15. Thank you ladies!!!

dolphin_gurl85

Asked by dolphin_gurl85 at 11:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Shopping

• My DS just turned 9, and he loves anything Star Wars. And with the Clone Wars movie just out on DVD it is a good chance a Star Wars toy /book would be a good bet. Just FYI I say toy/book because I am a firm believer in giving kids books. "Santa" will be bring lots of books (many being Star Wars )this year...plus toys.

lovmore

Answer by lovmore at 11:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Good Idea,Thank you Oh yes I already got my DS 5 books for Christmas (DH said that is plenty since he has tons already)he is 20 months and loves his books
    dolphin_gurl85

Answer by dolphin_gurl85 at 11:52 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Yes my son is 8 (he will be 9 in January), and he loves cars. You can get Matchbox cars pretty cheap. I know we have a $5 limit at our school and I found an army tank with man included at the Family Dollar store for $5. My son picked it out. Some other ideas may be coloring books with crayons, play-doh, Paints, toy soldiers, and drawing/construction paper. My son loves to paint and draw. BTW I love the idea above! I think books are great. However not all boys love Star Wars. All four of my boys hate it. They do like Indiana Jones though.
    momfourboys

Answer by momfourboys at 12:17 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• ben 10 and star wars lol
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 1:50 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• transformers cant go wrong ...lol

Anonymous

• My son is 8 will be 9 in March. At my son's school it seems that pokemon, bakugan, and sports are the main things. I know that my son is never disappointed with those nerf type footballs and basketballs. A new soccer ball or books would also be good. The Magic Treehouse series of books is very popular around here.
    s1e2mom

Answer by s1e2mom at 2:30 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I did suggest to Dh the Nerf stuff. Those bakugans are what my cousin plays with but I didnt know if that is what most of the other kids his age play with bc he also is a lover of stuffed animal. But all I know about this boy is that he is 8 yrs old. Thanks for all the wonderfull ideas Everyone. Im going to look up to see abput if those Magic Treehouse series books.
    dolphin_gurl85

Answer by dolphin_gurl85 at 2:48 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• lego's always have small stes and they are always popular.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 12:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2008