When do u think is too much church?

Dont get me wrong i love prayer and i love praying for people but ive been trying to go to church, and on sat mornings they have prayer, but they just started this prayer from 10 pm till midnight? i thought about going but dh made a point thats to late to be away from family like that. i like going to prayer meetings, but i cant be out all night, i also have medicine i have to take for health problems.they also have prayer on wed night at six pm.i love this church its helped me grow,but do you think thats asking too much of somebody?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 AM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think churches offer various times so everyone can go. For instance when I was a single mom working until 10 at night that service would have been ideal for me. I think just because a church has a service doesnt mean you have to attend them all.

Answer by gemgem at 7:28 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Once a week is fine and at a time that's convenient for you. i agree with gemgem that they offer services at various times for people with busy schedules. I think it's too much if you are spending more time there than with your family.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:01 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I don't think it's asking too much if it isn't mandatory.. If the prayer meetings are simply there for the people who want to go, and no one (church leaders) are personally pressuring you to go, I wouldn't think that they were asking too much of anyone..
    Obi.Ren.Kenobi

Answer by Obi.Ren.Kenobi at 10:31 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I too agree, not sure why your husband thinks the 10pm service is too late for you to be away from your family. I was thinking you were going solo while your husband and children sleep.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 8:05 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I think that charity begins at home and it should not take from your family. You do need to go to church but it should not be so that your family is neglected because of it. I think my granma used to say "they are to heavenly minded to be any earthly good" referring that sometimes you can be so high in the clouds you just lose sight of what is going on around you. I agree that different times should be offered for people to gather but that does not mean you have to attend them all.
    younginx2

Answer by younginx2 at 9:44 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I love gemgem's answer. I have a friend who goes every time the doors are opened. She drags her small children with her and it doesn't matter if they don't get home until some crazy hour. Her children don't have what I call a "normal" childhood. That, in my opinion, is too much church.
    You said..."do you think that's asking too much of somebody?" Do they try and make you feel guilty if you don't go? They are just offering everybody the opportunity to come and pray if they would like to, but I highly doubt that they're expecting a great turnout given the hour.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:19 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Do what feels right for you and your family...if they aren't requiring it then go when it works for you.

I agree it's probably jsut another opportunity for people to go at a time that works for them
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:35 AM on Apr. 30, 2011