I am 30 and my husband is 36 yr old. Does this by any chance minimise my chance to conceive?

Sanagunjan

Asked by Sanagunjan at 7:15 AM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• No why would it?

Answer by gemgem at 7:27 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• i am talking in respect to fertility ?? it decreases with age right?
    Sanagunjan

Comment by Sanagunjan (original poster) at 7:31 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• NO...I was 36 and my husband was 39 when we got pregnant with my third child....I think I read that into the 40's can be tough but every couple is different. I actually had a harder time with my first child and I was thirty and my husband was 32. Weird!!!
    shellie2518

Answer by shellie2518 at 7:32 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Can't see why. You won't know until you try. We had our first at 37 and plan to have another (I'm 40 now). Some women have trouble immediately. All you can do is try. Good luck!
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 7:35 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Yes. The older you get, the less chance there is for you to get pregnant because of how your body changes; however for most people it's probably not even an issue. This was told to me by a Reproductive Endocrinologist (fertility specialist) when i was going through testing and treatments.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:07 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I don't think you should be too concerned until your are over 35. I had my first at 36 and got pregnant the first month trying. I was 38 when I got pregnant with my 2nd and got pregnant the 2nd month trying.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 8:28 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Your fertility does decrease with age, but at 30, you are still in great shape! I think it really gets going around 40 (although many women have issues earlier, and some never do). You could have 3-4 kids by then :-). I had mine at 33, 35 and 38 and the longest it took was 4-5 months (possibly because of birth control wearing off). OTOH, I have several friends in their early 20s with issues. The women I know with problems conceiving due to age are in their 40s.

As for the man, his age affects things even less. Honestly, I'd think until 45-50 it wouldn't even be a factor. Good luck and have fun!
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 9:02 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• you're 30.....you're still super young! So is your husband!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:12 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Well, I'm 43 & pregnant & due in about 8 weeks! It was a total surprise & I am VERY happy. As far as what people have said, I can tell you that I am healthy & my baby is too. As long as you have no health issues, you shouldn't have a problem. I had my first at 39. I waited because I had a great job & traveled multiple times a year. Don't let people scare you. GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:15 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I'm 31 dh is 41 and we are expecting our son any day now! It did take us a long time to conceive but I don't think that had anything to do with age. If you still have concerns you can always go to the doc and test fertility. Good luck.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:20 AM on Apr. 30, 2011