weight

im 26 weeks and gained 8 pounds. i was average weight before my pregnancy and the doctor doesnt seem concerned but when i looked it up, its very low. has this happened to anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I was actually STUNNED (and thrilled) to learn that I'm right at my starting weight at 37 weeks...meaning I haven't gained any weight my entire pregnancy. I lost a lot in the first trimester due to morning sickness, and since then I've gained that back to my starting weight. I was like "You're kidding." LOL! As long as your baby is growing normally and your doctor isn't concerned...don't worry about it =] Be happy that you're one of us lucky ones, it could be so much worse :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:43 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I'm 33wks and gained 13lb as long and the baby is growing ok and your dr isn't concerned I dont see why you should be.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 11:43 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I lost weight when I was pregnant. I gave birth 2lbs lighter than I was the day I found out I was pregnant. I had a healthy 7lb 8oz son and was 20lbs less a week later lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:44 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• It's different for every woman, so I wouldn't be worried! As long as your doctor says everything looks fine with the baby, you have nothing to worry about. I gain the large majority of my weight during the last month of pregnancy (which is a nightmare for stretch marks. :-P)

My grandmother only gained 5-10 pounds with each of her children (she ate like normal, just never put on weight!!) and they were all healthy. It just depends on your body!!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:46 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• If your doctor isn't concerned, then you don't need to be either. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:00 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• By 30 weeks, I had LOST 10 lbs. I ended up with a net gain of 12 lbs, thanks to a baking binge I went on from about 32-36 weeks. You'll be just fine! (less to lose later, right?)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:21 AM on Dec. 5, 2008