Texts, seduction and supervision...and our teen girls?

My friend and I were talking about our teen girls dating boys...hers is 15, mine 16, and that we'd seen a couple of texts and we are amazed at the seductive nature of them..."You're sooo hot, sexy"..."I love you and think about you all the time"..."I can't wait to hold you and miss you soooo much" and then the classic "I would never pressure you to do anything physical that you are not ready for, because I care for you more than anything in the world and would never want to hurt you".

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• yea these days! texts and messaging is becomeing soooo sexual. and after a young couple has been dating 2 weeks they are "madly" in love with each other! Its craaazy!
    Jayseeka

Answer by Jayseeka at 8:23 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Make sure they aren't sending suggestive photos. There are teens with child porn records because 'she' sent her older (over 18) BF a photo. What should have been innocent fun is a crime that was taken to court.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 8:42 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• This is *one* of the reasons why my kids when they do ever get cells they will not get texting. Granted they will be saying this stuff any way... I do not want to open that particular door. Plus as the PP mentioned sending theses text ESPECIALLY the ones that are suggestive photos can land them in trouble with more than just their parents.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:47 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• The next part of the question didn't post, but we agreed that the boys just want the girls to come over and hang out, often ending up in the boy's bedroom. Apparently, the parents of the boys don't mind this. We try to encourage them to have group dates or go to mall, movies, bowling, but these things are $ ad add up and we end up footing the bill. So, my DD has said said she is trying to come up with other things for them to do besides watch movies...but what? My friend lets them take the dog for a short walk. Need ideas!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:47 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• invite her boyfriend over your house for dinner, get to know this fella. My dd will not be allowed over her boyfriends house. I don't know the rules over there, nor do i expect his family to follow the rules i would like for them to follow. I know if they're re at my house, there will be no shacking up.

I remember being a teen & watching movies with my BF....watching movies is the best time to....'ahem'...cuddle...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:10 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I think texting is the WORSE thing for young people. For anyone really? They can talk about ANYTHING. There is no fear of being over heard.
    It is also another way of "not talking to someone". I remember you had to go to your friends house...then call them on the phone...now you don't even have to TALK.

So sad, really.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 9:14 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Ha, you should have read the notes (since we didn't have texts yet) when I was that age. I had one boyfriend who should write hard core porn, they were so dirty... And that was quite some time ago... Teens have always done this stuff, the only difference is the mode on which they do it. For this generation it's texts, for mine it was notes and email, for my mothers it was just notes or whispers in the ear... Hell, I've read some of the letters my grandfather wrote my grandmother when they were dating (and mind you she married at 16) and they weren't any cleaner than that... So I would have to say, nothing has changed!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:28 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Well Sabrina, I guess your right.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 11:03 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• What's wrong with this "and then the classic "I would never pressure you to do anything physical that you are not ready for, because I care for you more than anything in the world and would never want to hurt you"." ???

That's really lovely and respectful and sounds like the boy was raised well and to respect women.

onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 5:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• YEA its crazy what teens tex these days hey be sure you both tell your girls not to belive guys cause they will tell them any-thing to get them to have sex with them also get girls on birth-contorl
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 11:12 AM on May. 1, 2011