Should I take her back to the doctor?

My 18 month old has had a nasty cough for 2 weeks. About a week ago I took her to the doc and he said that she sounded fine and that she just has a cold and he prescribed some cough medicine to help with the coughing at night.

Well now, a week later, the coughing is worse at night, she doesn't cough much during the day and up til today she didn't have any other issues. This morning she woke up VERY cranky and had a fever of 100...I gave her tylenol and it's slowly dropping and she's playing like normal.

Should I take her? I get upset because this happens A LOT seems like she always has a bad cough and it always leads to a fever and I take her and they say the same thing every time, that she has an upper respiratory infection and they give her cough medicine and tell me to give her tylenol.

What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What does the cough sound like? Is it a dry cough, does it sound kind of like a bark or is it kind of wet and productive?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:48 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• It does depend on what type of cough it is. Wet and productive, no. But if it is a dry cough, I'd take her back in.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:56 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• when in doubt take her back in.. shes your daughter.. do what u feel like u have to do.
    ncmomma3152

Answer by ncmomma3152 at 8:59 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• It's a mixture of both, sometimes it sounds like a bark and other times it sounds really wet.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I would take her back in and tell them exactly what you told us that it seems to happen very often and that maybe it's not a URI! GL Momma
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 6:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2011