Sex on the first date? adult content

I have had married women tell me they didn't sleep with their now husbands on the first date (I don't belve a word of it) but I don't see why that should make a difference if ya did or didnt/ If the gal was relating not having sex to knowing he is the one there would be a lot more marriages in this country lol

I watched this YouTube video: http://youtu.be/FUT0zy81tFc and it makes perfect sense to me. We are caught up in the idea of that if you do he does not respect you and blah blah blah. That is something magazine and book editiors tell us so we can keep buying those "why can't I find a man" books/magazines lol Safe sex though (condoms and birth control). We don't need a rise in single parenthood lol *and I'm a sngle parent so no nonsense that I am dissing single parents*

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 9:26 AM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• I will be honest, i slept with my now husband the 2nd day i knew him. been married almost 10 yrs now.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:33 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• it's somewhat true though. Maybe not in all cases but many men don't respect women who put out right away. they tend to see them as not respecting themselves by giving in so easily. My husband and I dated for awhile when we were younger then lost touch for awhile. We spoke on and off for years. I never slept with him through all of it and we were best friends. If I wouldve slept with him right away I doubt we wouldve built such a good relationship and get married years later. If you want to know the truth I didn't sleep with him until 4yrs later and we've been married for 2 now. We have an incredible relationship.
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 9:35 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I've had more one night stands then I'd really want to admit to. And I slept with my now-fiance on the first date. Some people may not be comfortable letting their inner freak flag fly. That's OK.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 9:35 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I have never slept with someone on a first date. I waited to sleep with my stbxh 3 months in the relationship (the second go round) and that is when I lost my virginity. We actually dated as teens and I refused to put out then. I personally would rather get to know the person before I sleep with them. If someone wants to sleep with someone that quickly thats fine for them but I am not comfortable with that and will not do it.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 9:36 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I have had sex on the first date twice...and both times ended up being the longest relationships I had. Not saying I would do it all the time, but if it feels right, it feels right. And in my case, it WAS right...not all guys respect that though.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 9:36 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Studies show that couples that wait until at least 10 weeks last longer than those that hit the sack earlier but there is so much gray area in these studies there is no way to be certain. I do feel, for myself, I would rather a man know more about me in areas other than physical before taking that step. I wanted my dh to know my personality and fall in love with other aspects of me- i knew intimacy would come more naturally that way.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 9:41 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I slept with my husband after less than a week dating and this June we will be together 10 years. I have never slept with someone that soon in the relationship but it felt right.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 9:42 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• i know for a fact that my DH does not like women who put out on the first date. He says if a woman puts out so quickly, then he tends to believe she is easy & for him, easy women are not relationship material. He likes a woman that will make him want to work for her. He says it shows more self respect & confidence & it makes him want them more (haha, thats what i did...i made him wait)

DH has had a few one night stands in his 20's & he said he'd never ever take any of those women home to meet mom...no...way....

But, not all men think this way. My DH is old fashioned like that...but i like his old fashioned ways...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:45 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I slept with my DH on the second date. We have been married for 7 years. The 5 year relationship I was in prior to him I waited until 6 weeks. Honestly, my relationship with DH is far better than any of the others. I can't say one way is better than the other, though. DH was just "THE ONE" and that made all the difference.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 9:47 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I never slept with anyone on a first date(I was a virgin until my DH), and I didn't sleep with my DH until after we were already engaged. I was reluctant even then, but I knew we were going to get married anyway. lol I do think a lot of guys do things to get in a girl's pants and then don't respect them later. I've seen it first hand. Not all guys are like that, though.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:53 AM on Apr. 30, 2011