1st child took 2 years of trying, do you think the 2nd will take a while too?

It took me 2 years of trying to finally get pregnant (which I found out on my b-day!) and now I'm thinking of trying abain this next year. I'm scared of having the same trouble, has any of you been through this? Do you think it will take a long time to become pregnant?

chasingafter

Asked by chasingafter at 11:57 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I knew someone who tried for the same amount of time as you to have her son. They tried again soon after for a second. They were off and on about wanting another so soon. Afew months ago, they decided to enjoy the baby they have for awhile longer and that is when she found out she is preggers(shortly after son's 1st bday.) Her son's will be less than 2 years apart so you may be able to get pregnant quickly or it may take some time. every woman is differant. just be patient and it will happen when it is supposed to.
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 12:28 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• They usually say once you have been pregnant once its easier to get pregnant the 2nd time. Good luck TTC!
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 8:43 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• It might be easier the second time, but it might not (wasn't for me). If you are having any problems, such as irregular periods, I would suggest talking to your doctor soon. Even if you aren't having any obvious problems, you can book a preconception appointment and discuss your concerns with your doctor. You can also start charting and temping to help you determine if your cycle is normal and when you are ovulating. Good luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:51 AM on Dec. 4, 2008