Summer Vacation

School is coming to an end for alot of children; what are your plans for the Summer? Do you have your children do activities during the Summer so they don't forget what they learned? If so what type of things do you have them do?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 10:12 AM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Holidays

• We are going to Tweetsie Railroad to see Thomas the first week of June. I usually take my dd to classes at the local museum. We do some day trips, the zoo, science centers, etc. And of course play in their little pool outside and if it is not too hot, we go to the park.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 10:20 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• it depends on the age of the child....ds 9 plays online education games, does special summer fun camps and hangs out with mom, dd's 13,15 are off doing cheer camps, exchange programs, volunteering...ect.....you just have to keep them active as well as allow down time......and gear it toward each child.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:37 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• christian camp :D
    or the great outdoors :D
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 3:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My kids don't get out until June 21. They have like 7 weeks of school still. We have NO plans for summer. I expect them to spend their days outside running around with their friends. They are either outside or washing walls. Just like when I was a kid. I was just expected to find things to entertain me. There were no camps and classes and stuff.
    We're hoping to go camping but with gas prices I doubt we'll do more than set the tent up in the yard. We can't afford vacations or traveling.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:02 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• We're taking a family vacation up to Big Sur that first wknd they're out of school. After that I hope to keep them busy hang'n out on the beach, going for bike rides and taking them swimming. at the beach

805doll

Answer by 805doll at 4:25 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• totally understandable justanotherjen we aren't going to do any traveling either; my son gets out a week sooner then your kids do; and we did the same as you did when we were young we found things to entertain ourselves or we would be working in the garden or yard or cleaning house
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 9:21 AM on May. 1, 2011