Kudos to Brian Williams?

Shortly after Brian Williams landed in London for the Royal Wedding NBC opted to send him right back to the States to cover the terrible storms that have wreaked havoc on the South.

Writes Williams on his blog:

As I left New York for London last night, I was haunted by one thing: the radar image I had seen on the Weather Channel before departing. It showed an active tornado over the top of Tuscaloosa, Alabama—just one cell in this active, sprawling weather system, which for the 4th night in a row was firing off brutal, monster intensity storms. We talked about it in the newsroom before I left—about how it would take hours before we knew anything.

I landed in London, morning their time, and checked my Blackberry before we taxied off the runway. I saw the death toll. 83 and climbing. Before long, it was posted at 172....Rather than driving from Heathrow all the way into Central London, we decided to get off the highway and park in the residential neighborhood of Chiswick....Minutes later, NBC News President Steve Capus made the call: He said I should go home. We both agreed the tragedy would dominate our newscast and our coverage.

Obviously, it was an equally smart PR decision -- NBC can now use the footage to brand themselves the serious news organization.

www.businessinsider.com/brian-williams-royal-wedding-nbc-tornado-2011-4#ixzz1L19JbFYT

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 10:41 AM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I give more credit to the station president who told him to come home, than to Brian Williams. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:26 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• oh sure, bash Brian Williams now.@@
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:39 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I pretty much lost what little respect I still had for him when he BOWED to Obama!! It's subtle, but body language experts agree it is a SUBMISSIVE move!! LOL 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLYtHHxTTmc

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:03 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• oh sure, bash Brian Williams now.@@

***
    As YOU know, we're equal opportunity bashers, and capable of multi-tasking on the issues. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• @@
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 4:06 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Maybe to Williams, but not to NBC. They didn't interrupt their wedding coverage - it was on solid from 4AM on (eastern time). The only storm coverage to be found was on the internet.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:11 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• oh sure, bash Brian Williams now.@@

Are you dense? I gave him KUDO"S. You know, kind of like a thumbs UP for a good answer.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 8:11 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I think she was picking on me, as "NICE" as she is capable!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:21 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• How, in any way, shape or form, was your post a bash, Lorikeet?
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 11:11 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

***

LOL...you'll have to ask the perpetually "NICE" one!! Maybe because I'm not impressed by the guy she gets all of her world news from?! Who knows....and who cares!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:57 AM on May. 1, 2011