Does this piss you off?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/29/gas-prices-your-pain-their-gain_n_855673.html?ref=fb&src=sp

This sickens me...Too many families out there busting their butts to make a living to give their hard earned money to these companies.

wendydays

Asked by wendydays at 10:56 AM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Anon, I respectfully disagree with you. We have laws against price gouging for a reason. We rely on them as suppliers and they are turning around, marking up their product to a ridiculous amount and we are supposed to bend over and take it - just so they can be successful and make a profit? Retailers cannot charge $1500 for a $400 generator to hurricane victims; that's the law. Same should be applied here to gas prices.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 11:32 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• ^^^ THIS!!!

And the fact that BUSH got PERSONALLY lambasted over high gas prices while he was in office, but Obama gets a free pass, and people blame the oil companies--not Obama (for not allowing drilling in America, but supporting OTHER countries drilling efforts) or the handful of speculators (who actually set the price per barrel) or the COUNTRIES that the oil companies BUY from, in which they pass the cost onto us--the consumer (along with state taxes!) That's what torques me off!

I need to be careful about my language here in PC&E...you know because of my conservative family values, lest I be labeled a "poor parent!" LOL! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:11 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• No what pisses me off is Obama pushing an agenda that is crippling the economy, including drilling that is bankrupting US companies.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:04 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• TRUE! And other things......its not just language. It is attitude,too. Look inside yourself.

***

LMFAO!! YOU are telling ME to look inside myself?! Are you effin kidding me?! You are THE biggest hypocrite of them all!! Is that enough F-bombs for your prudish self?! LOL :o)

I find it HILARIOUS that you think you know me, based on having never seen (except when I posted my facebook avatar at YOUR request, then you suddenly disappeared assuming I was some old, bitter, hag!!) or met me in person--just based on what I write!!

You're funny for a septuagenarian!!  :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:59 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I just saw on the news that Exxon's quarterly profit was 69%. SIXTY-NINE PERCENT!!! That's unacceptable. So many people are not putting food on their tables because they have to fill up their tanks to get to work. I have to put $20 more per tank in my car compared to when I bought it in '09. I'm straight up pissed about it all.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 11:01 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I need to be careful about my language here in PC&E...you know because of my conservative family values, lest I be labeled a "poor parent!" LOL! :o)

LMAO!!!!
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:29 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I got as far as the part in the link that said "huffingtonpost" and then I did this

eye rolling

And then I read some of the repllies about the evil oil companies.  And then I did this

banging head into wall

Only becuase it's a computer, so I can't do this

slap

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:27 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Say it slowly, HALLIBURTON.

HALL-I-BUR-TON. Okay, I said it. Now what!? LOL

I'm SURE you're aware that NO OTH-ER COM-PAN-Y was (at the time) capable of doing what Hallibirton contractors were capable of doing, right?! If not, please show me which other American company could do the jobs Halliburton completed on the same scale. I'll wait.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:13 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Here we go again. Companies (all of them) are evil. Forget that the PBO administration won't allow these companies to tap our natural resources and bring down prices, BUT he will subsidize the drilling in Brazil and promise to be a good customer. The oil companies aren't the problem. The gov't regulations and the EPA are the problem. As long as you listen to PBO and direct your anger at the oil companies, PBO has accomplished what he wanted. Prices stay high, you demand the companies do something, and you don't turn towards him and demand HE do something. Think people - think. We use to have cheap gas. The oil companies made money. What changed? Not the oil companies but the regulations and the EPA got involved with the newly formed Dept. of Energy.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:04 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• The EPA has nothing to do with. Not allowing them to drill here has nothing to do with. It doesn't have anything to do with supply and demand, so why blame drilling.

Tell the American companies that are going bankrupt due to regulations and the denial of permits that it isn't because of the EPA.

Houston-based Seahawk Drilling filed for bankruptcy. The Chief Operating Officer of the offshore drilling company, Randy Stilley, stated: “The decision by regulators to arbitrarily construct unnecessary barriers to obtaining permits they had traditionally authorized has had an adverse impact not only on Seahawk, but on the sector as a whole.”

http://af.reuters.com/article/congoNews/idAFN2726555420110127

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9LBBUHO0.htm

You can also let all the people who are unemployed due to regulations from the EPA, that it isn't the fault of the EPA.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:52 PM on Apr. 30, 2011