Help! question about double strollers?

If any of you moms have a double stroller, I would like to know if you prefer to have a stoller with front and back seats and side by side seats? Are the side by side seats difficult to get through store aisles? Any input is greatly appreciated!

Namaste17

Asked by Namaste17 at 10:57 AM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• OMG i hate front to back strollers.. For one they are hard to Push ( To me ) .. lol Side By Side Are easier And they make The Smaller Side By Sides Not all Are crazy Bulky :)
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 10:59 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I have a DuoGlider and I LOVE it. I have a one year old and a newborn.
    kandimomma

Answer by kandimomma at 11:06 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I HATE front to back. they do not stear. dont get one unless someone pays you to use it XD lol I had a front to back snap and go, which I loved the snap and go part but, ugh it was horrible to stear. then I had a regular front to back and hated it as well. I saved up and got coupons and during babies r us big trade in I bought this. (continued)

ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:13 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• i only had to pay about 180 after the coupons and discounts. (if you buy a double strollr at babies r us, even if you dont have twins, you still get a twin discount, just ask! press the issue! they gave it to me even WITH coupons!! just keep pressing and youll get it ;)) i think its like 20% but i dont remember.. (continued)

i LOVE the combi. it fits in my teeny tiny aveo hatchback, its super super lightweight, but we've never had issues with it breaking or anything and we used it A TON and i have distructive toddler twins. its great. some people complain that the little hook thing that snaps both sides together, breaks, we've never had an issue with it. and some complain about no cup holder, but i just put cups (if they have a lid..) in the back pocket on the back of the seats, and it works fine. you can buy cup holders too. I also bought little hooks to hang bags, but diaperbags with a big long strap, will hang across the
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:14 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• oh and i forgot to mention that I do have issues fitting through store isles with the side by side, but only about half the time. at smaller stores, i sometimes have to park them at the edge of something and walk around the isles (only about 6 feet from them..) so sometimes that is frustrating but its a loooot less frustrating than the front to back stroller, because the combi stears with noo problems. also, it DOES fit through doorways. doesn't look like it does but it does. I just have to do an arm check before hand or someone might get amputated lol cause theres like an inch clearance on either side. :P
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:16 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I love my front to back double stroller, esp because you can put a carseat in the back and your older kid can sit in the front. I don't think the side by sides can do that. I have never had one, but don't think I would like it better than my front to back.
    Bethaleg

Answer by Bethaleg at 11:18 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Elsa- I was looking at the combis. They look great! Thank you for all of the advise!!
    Namaste17

Comment by Namaste17 (original poster) at 11:24 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Thank you everyone! I have not decided if I am going to use an infant car seat yet. I am thinking I will probably just go to the convertible.
    Namaste17

Comment by Namaste17 (original poster) at 11:26 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• You can put an infant carseat in one side of the combi!!! :)
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:30 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• i had a front back double stroller. it was awful!!! not enough room in the back and hard to steer.
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 11:33 AM on Apr. 30, 2011