Question for proof of pregnancy for those that get wic.

I am supose to go Monday to see about getting on wic. They told me over the phone a list of things to bring with me to my appointment. I am supose to bring a proof of pregnancy even though I am 6.5 months pregnant (how can they not tell I am lol), but the thing is I forgot to get one from my dr when I was in there last week. I just remembered this morning. Well, my drs office doesn't open until 9 and my app is at 845 I can't move it to a diffrent time that day because dh is taking time off work to do it. Well if I forgot the proof of pregnancy my dh asked if an ultrasound pic would be proof? I told him I didn't think so cause you have to have the dr's signature, but he says ya but my name is on the ultrasound pic. So do you know if you can use that or do I have to reschedule now because I have no writen proof? I could always lift up my shirt and say see I am pregnant lol j/k

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I mean these have the dates on them of the date and time I went for the ultrasound. and my name and drs name
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:16 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• it also has how many weeks I am. The first one is 11 weeks and 6 days and the second is 8 weeks and 6 days. I don't have my 20 week because he wasn't able to get me one and I am supose to go back for an ultrasound thursday, but that is after my app.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:18 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• If you can't move the appointment I would take the ultrasound and SEE if they will. sometimes individual people will make the decision to bend the rules, where as sometimes they wont at all. i think it will depend on the people. I assume that the chances are you will have to go back to the doctor, but you never know. I think its worth a shot if you can't change the appointment.
    I went into this place called ichoice here locally that helps young moms learn about their pregnancy and provides them with baby items, and I was like 7 months with twins so I was huge but they still wanted proof of pregnancy, for their files and policy and stuff.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:19 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• You should still go to the appointment, If the information you have isn't enough then they will probably complete everything they can and then just ask you to run the proof of pregnancy by the office when you can. They won't grant you the wic though until they have all the information but at least they will have everything else done. They will probably still require written proof from the doctor.
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 11:21 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• No they will not take the ultrasound pic as proof. I know how you feel I was 8 months pregnant and had to show proof by a doctor. I'm like can't you look at me and see! lol
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:23 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• They accepted an ultrasound pic for me. it has your name and due date
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 11:24 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• and WIC is pretty flexible
    Ethans_Ma

• It probablu depends on your area. I was never asked for proof at all.....
    momti

Answer by momti at 11:29 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I know in my state an ultrasound pic wouldn't fly. It has to be a piece of paper from the doctor or wherever you got your positive pregnancy results from. Might as well go and try, though.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 11:40 AM on Apr. 30, 2011