My man has feelings for his ex--UPDATE

So I pretty much told you guys that my fiance has an ex wife that he is still friends with. He cares about her in a friendly way. She would take him back in a heartbeat for several reasons. One, she is quite a bit older than him, like 54 (he is 46 and I am 36) and doesn't want to start again. She needs the fiancial support. She needs help with her psycho 17-year old daughter. Many reasons. I received a lot of responses that not only is it NOT ok for my man to be friends with his ex, it's totally NOT ok for him to still care about her. So I brought my concerns up with him. He explained to me that having been married to her for a long time he still cares about her but does NOT love her. She recently had a heart attack and 911 called him and asked him to meet them at the hospital, which he did and I have to say, I would do the exact same thing for my ex. I don't love the guy, but holy crap, if he were almost dying I would go and support him. So my fiance told me that he loves me and me alone. He would never want to get back with her or be with her and that I have nothing to worry about. This is a man who comes home to me every night right after work. He is a wonderful step-dad to my 14-year old. He drives and delivers supplies locally for a living and monday through friday he drives to my work in the middle of his shift and meets me for my 15-minute break. So you know what? I think I'm cool with it all. Thanks for listening!

emmyandlisa

Asked by emmyandlisa at 11:24 AM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• I am so glad it worked out for you, I knew that he was "true" to you!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:32 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• As long as your happy and it feels right for you, that is all that matters.
    Glad you talked to him about it.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 11:35 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I wish I got along with my son's father like that. LOL Congrats, Hun. I'm happy for you. I know what its like to be with someone when you know its all good & he's an amazing man(I'm with a man like that now), but some of the things people think aren't "right" occur BUT as long as you accept them & you know everythings good than that's all that matters! Good Luck!
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 11:44 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• it is understandable that he still cares for her. the fact that he was there for her when she had that heart attack shows that he is a good guy with a good heart. when they were together i bet that she did some nice things for him. he sounds like a keeper because if you and him breakup and you are very sick...he sounds like they type of man who would be by your side. wow..hold on to him.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 11:40 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Thanks u guys, I really feel good about it and he is a keeper.
    emmyandlisa

Comment by emmyandlisa (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I'm glad you are comfortable with it. I believe it makes it easier for the kids (both yours and his). You are lucky to have him join you for your breaks - mine doesn't even do that on his days off :)
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 11:59 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I'm glad you were able to speak to him about your fears and feelings, and he was very receptive and was able to squelch any concerns you had! Sounds like you have yourself a keeper.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Good for you, I think you're doing great with all of that for two reasons; 1. you spoke to him in an honest way and let him open up and be honest with you, and 2. you picked a good one to start with. If you two are happy with things the way they are then you're in a good place.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 1:12 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• So what is the question?
    Anonymous

• Well, if u read my post, I put that it was an update and I ended up with thanks for listening. There is no question.
    emmyandlisa

Comment by emmyandlisa (original poster) at 1:32 PM on Apr. 30, 2011