How long can u keep body sprays?

i have a drawer full of sprays and i dnt ant to throw them cuz there all half full.how long before they go bad?

desires_place

Asked by desires_place at 11:30 AM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Not sure but have you tried to mix 2 of them together to make a new scent?
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 11:35 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• i dont think they can go bad O.o
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 2:51 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I think they're alcohol based or something. I've never known them to go bad. I have a vanilla scented one in my bathroom that I purchased about five years ago. You could see if the manufacturer's website has more information (although, a lot of times, manufacturers say things expire before they might in order to cover their own gluteus maximus.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 4:08 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Supposedly if they are bad, they will begin to take on a heavy alcohol odor.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:27 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I buy a lot of body sprays, so when I am tired of using them, Then I use them for air freshener. I have to because I have bags of body sprays

obenblue

Answer by obenblue at 9:29 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I know perfume wise it is generally 3 years but who is gonna being counting the days so if it starts to have the alcohol funk to the smell then pitch it and it maybe be past the 3 years mark :)
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 11:51 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Expensive perfumes can last 3yrs or so(maybe longer if kept in a cool, dark place) but these cheaper body sprays DO start to smell more like alcohol after about a year, some less 8-10mos. I throw mine out after a year for sure.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 1:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2011