What do you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner? (trying to loose weight, need HEALTHY ideas)

I'm looking for some kind of quick and easy type meals for espessially breakfast and lunch. I'm trying to loose weight. I'm getting a new ideas from my meal plan on sparkpeople.com but I'm looking for a little varity.
for breakfast I ussually have 3/4ISH of a cup of apple sauce in a take and go cup and eat it on the way to the park and ride :P (I leave for class pretty early) so something i can prepare and stick in the fridge the night before would be great.

for lunch, I'm looking for something filling, flavorful and will fill me up, give me energy etc.
I like tuna, I'm thinking of experimenting with a tuna wrap with some thai peanut sauce and cabbage and stufffs.

so anyhow any ideas??

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:38 AM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I am doing the P90X diet and I really like the breakfasts. Here are a few things I have eaten and I've lost about 13 lbs in less than two weeks.....

egg white mushroom omelette with mozzarealla cheese

egg white scramble with canned white meat chicken and parmesan cheese

spinach omlette with mozzarella cheese--very good if you're a spinach eater

berry protien shake----1 c. skim milk, 1c. frozen berries, 1/2 bananna, 1c. ice, 1 scoop vanilla protien powder (keeps me full till lunch)

Morning Star soy sausage patties on an english muffin with a bit of cheese ---soy sausage sounded weird to me but I tried them and they are actually really good. Glad I tried these.

I eat salads and wraps for lunch. I like low carb wheat wraps with some greens, chicken a little cheese and avocado.

Hope something here sounds yummy for you!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 11:51 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I think a great healthy breakfast would be a bowl of cereal that has lots of fiber and some fruit. Mango, peaches, banana. For lunch a great idea would be a chicken sandwich on 100% whole wheat bread, more fruit and some cheese. I would throw in a snack of whole wheat crackers and cheese a few hours before dinner. For Dinner stay away from carbs, but meat is good! You will need the protein while dieting. So, chicken would be my personal preference,with a Romain salad (not iceberg you get no nutrients) with veggies like carrots and celery and cucumbers etc. and top it off with a fat free Italian dressing. YUM.... I am hungry now!! Also, they say to not eat after 8 pm. Drink lots of WATER....it will help also :) GL!!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 12:43 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• regular ol cereal. But you need to really check ingredients. if sugar is one of the top 3 ingredients, there's too much sugar and you need to go for a less sweet option. Also check out the serving size. Most cereal is 3/4 cup. Lunch is a salad with tysen's pre grilled chicken, or a tysens pregrilled chicken and make a quesedilla or pita. Dinner... I go to weight watchers sites. my fave is  http://www.skinnytaste.com/ , she has a lot of mexican influences that I really like.

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:11 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I'm allergic to egg :/ I forgot to mention. I LOVE eggs. but I can't eat scrambled eggs, omlette etc
    ElsaSalsaaa

Comment by ElsaSalsaaa (original poster) at 6:43 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• You can do a scramble with tofu, instead of eggs
    oatmeal with fruit
    yogurt with granola and fruit

Answer by rkoloms at 8:24 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Once a week, I bake up a big batch of homemade granola. It's much tastier and cheaper than buying boxes of premade granola at the store!

I mix together 8 cups of rolled oats with 1 cup of vegetable oil and 1 cup of maple syrup or honey. I add in a cup of flaxseed and sliced almonds to taste. Bake for 40 minutes at 350, stirring every 10 minutes. A modest bowl of this granola in the morning keeps me going for hours!

For lunch, I usually have dinner leftovers with a side salad. I mix my own viniagrette using dijon mustard, olive oil, garlic powder, apple cider vinegar, and dried basil.

Typical dinners:
    -Spaghetti (make my own sauce using one can of tomatoes, one can of tomato paste, and spices/garlic to taste)
    -Baked chicken and carrots
    -Baked yams
    -Tofu stir-fry
    -Split-pea soup
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 5:34 PM on May. 1, 2011