My dad wants to bring his whore of a girlfriend to my wedding!!!!!

So my wedding is in a month. My parents are getting divorced after 24 years of being married. My dad was cheating on my mom with his whore. She is UGLY and while yes, she is 10 years younger then my mom, she looks older. Anyway, my mom is doing everything for my wedding and told me she is fine with my dad being there and doing all of the "father of the bride" stuff". So anyway, yesterday, my dad sent the RSVP card back for 2, him and is now finance (except I don't know how he can be engaged since he isn't even divorced from my mom). Well, I didn't invite her. The invitation only said his name, not even "and date". So I called him to tell him that I am only inviting him not her, her said "we are engaged, you can't not invite her" and I said "first of all, I don't even know her and second, you can't be engaged since legally, you are still married." Why in HELL would he think I was going to invite her? I told him that I want him there but she is NOT invited and if she shows up, I will have her escorted off the property.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• devilOMG!!!!! i would be livid if i were u. it is your day and he knows better that to bring this woman to your wedding. i WOULD have her crusty behind escorted too, and if your dad insists on ruining Your day and making your mom uncomfortable;; he would be escorted too imo. the last thing your mom needs is this woman at your wedding. if your dad is giving u a hard time and insists on brining this chick...he should be uninvited period. he has some nerve !!! holly crap .. i think i popped a blood vessel..

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• She has no place there. It's obvious he has no respect for his wife by cheating on her.....but you'd think there might still be some respect for you, his daughter. IMO, if he can't keep her at home, he can stay home with her.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 12:03 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My mom is too much of a lady to say anything. She even told me to let her come if my dad wants, that's just how she is. However, I am NOT as much of a lady and I will beat the whore ass in my wedding dress if I have to.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:04 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Tell him that your wedding is a day about happiness and that having her there would put a pretty dark cloud on the wedding because you may or may not have forgiven him but HER you for sure haven't forgiven. Just be honest and try not to call her a whore while talking to him. You DO want him there, just not her. I can understand..
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:06 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I was cheated on also; my ds wanted his Dad at a function (not a wedding) and dad wanted his gf there. While I deeply wanted no part of her, nor did my ds - my ds and i decided to be the bigger ppl and say sure Bring IT - i mean her :). While I was shaking inside I was sweet outside when I met her. She was SOOOOO uncomfortable with the mixture of ppl meeting her politely but then no one actually including them in a conversation that they only stayed about 1/2 hour. If your mom is okay with it, i would try to kill her with kindness - yet still be prepared to have someone ask them to leave if she tries to get rowdy, loud or intrusive. BTW I'd kick a** in a wedding dress too.
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 12:12 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• if it makes you uncomfortable on your special day, then he should not be bringing her. I would also have her escorted off the property if she came. This s YOUR day, not your dad's or his whore of an ugly girlfriend. YOU need to be in your comfort zone & not be made to feel any ill feelings on that day that is YOURS. I would drill it into his head that if he brought her, he & she would be on your "shit list" for a while & that she would most definitely be embarrassingly escorted off the property in front of everyone. Explain to him that it would ruin your day & make you very uncomfortable & that if he brought her, it would be very selfish of him considering how it would make you feel on your special day.

Stand your ground sister, she has no right to be there!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:15 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• OP I UNDERSTAND your anger, I REALLY, REALLY do. Trust me it is NOT worth it. Your father is going to marry that woman, and she is going to be in his life. Keeping all of that anger towards her will do you NO GOOD in the long run.

My dad cheated on my mom. My dad is now married to the VERY woman he chetaed on my mom with. I was so angry with my dad when they went through the divroce. I didn't speak to him AT ALL for a while. I was angry at him, and angry at her. All of that anger only made ME miserable. I realized I still wanted a relationship with my dad, and learned to ACCEPT reality.

My dad was at my wedding with his then, NEW wife. Yeah, my mother didn't want to meet the woman, and my parents didn't speak to one another at all that night, but it was okay. My parents were both there for ME, not eachother.
    Anonymous

• cheated**
    Anonymous

• I say, its YOUR wedding and you invite who you want. If your dad cant handle that, maybe he shouldn't come either?!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 1:03 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Wow, that sucks. What I would do in a situation like that is this: Sit him down (just the two of you, no new girlfriend allowed) and explain to him that while you can't tell him who he can be with, having this woman at YOUR wedding is just going to be too uncomfortable for you. It's not that you don't love him, but it's not fair for him to use YOUR wedding to show off his new girlfriend. Let him know that it would be humiliating for you and since you don't know the woman it's just too much pressure on a day that should be all about you and your new husband. I would also let him know that if he insists on bringing her that you WILL have someone escort her out, and it's not fair of him to make you consider security guards on your wedding day. If he can't respect that, I would ask him not to come.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 1:17 PM on Apr. 30, 2011