How do I address my boyfriends kids about ignoring me?

JadaThunder

Asked by JadaThunder at 11:59 AM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• It would be a lot easier to give you advice if you could give us situations. Do they live with you? Do they flatout disrespect you or do they just not talk to you? Are there discipline issues? Have you talked to your BF? How long have you been in the picture?
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 12:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• They are likely feeding off of you being annoyed by it. Just speak as if they would respond and don't get upset if they don't. They will eventually speak to you.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 12:06 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Talk to your boyfriends about this. SEE what he suggests. They are His kid's and He SHOULD be addressing this issue for you.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:30 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My bf has four children..age ranges from 12,10,7&4....they visit us every weekend. Iv been in their lives for alittle over a year now. granted we have our good weekends and then we have the not so good ones where neither of them seem happy about anything. I dont inforce the rules i ask them nicely but still get ignored as if they are looking past me...it doesnt make me mad it just hurts my feelings idk iv never been on one of these sites and am afraid its just me... its hard to talk to my bf cuz his kids went through alot when him and his wife split up.and i think hes afraid to disapline them cuz he doesnt want them to be mad at him...so some sence is leave it to me to take the blaim . i hope u understaand me
    JadaThunder

Comment by JadaThunder (original poster) at 12:31 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• You don't. You address your bf about the way his kids treat you.

Answer by missanc at 1:22 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I agree that HE needs to deal with it. They will just ignore you again if you try

Answer by admckenzie at 1:27 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• yeah thats what my mom said.....Its just weird one weekend their great twords me then the following weekend comes around and their diffrent kids like their additudes are diffrent... the only two that are like this is the two boys...12 and the 7 year old. I will address him tomorrow after thekids leave. I just dont want him to think that im bashing his kids cuz id never do that i think we need to get on the same page! I guess im upset beause i do alot for them and never get any credit . I dont wanna seem selfish and make it all about me but i just feel so overwelmed latly. Some one told me that maybe they see my weekness and play off of them. Idk....im always in a good mood and very rarely do i ever complain ...but something told me that there are other people out there that will understand what im trying to say and maybe help me figure out what to do.
    JadaThunder

Comment by JadaThunder (original poster) at 1:49 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• They don't have to listen to you, you aren't their parent. Leave the children to their parents. If your BF can't handle them, maybe they need to be with their mom more
    Anonymous

• see i disagree if im watching them they should out of respect for me and their father lighson...so if they are playing in the road they dont have to lighson to me?... because im not their parent but if anything bad was to happen to that said child it would be all my fault?.. No thats like if you send your kids to a baby setter..they dont have to lighson to them eaither?... becaue they are not their parents it just makes no sence. i was rasied to show everyone respect. If my moms friend was watching me i did what i was told out of respect. and if u let your children think like that then thats fine but we have diffrent values and the kids arnt monsters and they are better provided for here sorry to offend anyone but im sick of people makin us STEP Parents out to be the bad guys when really where not! ...And as for as the boys ignoring me its because they feel they dont have to pick up after their selves
    JadaThunder

Comment by JadaThunder (original poster) at 4:13 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Just be yourself. Talk to them like you expect an answer.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:42 PM on Apr. 30, 2011