Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Food stamp

I got on them and I have to get my child support through child support enforcement. From what I have read, they only take part of the child support if you receive cash assistance, do they also do that for food stamps though? I get $289 in food stamps and I get $400 a month in child support.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Money & Work

Answers (4)
  • I don't believe so but maybe you can ask your caseworker.

    Answer by EgoTryptophan at 12:20 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

  • I don't understand the question. They can't "take" anything unless it's to pay back something you owe the state.

    Answer by admckenzie at 12:37 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

  • If they find him and the child support is ordered AND being collected then there is potential for the amount of your food stamps to drop because it is considered income and calculated as such when figuring out you FS amount.

    Answer by But_Mommie at 1:41 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

  • In alabama it is up to you to disclose your CS income. totally voluntary.

    Answer by Audrice1985 at 7:01 AM on May. 1, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.