My sons teething again but...

But his gums are swollen and its got like a blueish mark in the middle. Its on the front and its his top teeth, the first ones too. This has never happened before with my other kids and I was wondering if I should be worried. He's really cranky too

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 12:17 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have the teeth broken through yet? It's normal to see some bruising or even a little tiny bit of blood when the teeth are trying to break through the gums... poor little ones. I imagine it's extremely painful which is why we probably never remember it. ;) I never liked to use orajel or other stuff but I liked feeding my kids popsicles in the long plastic wrappers... Crush the popsicle w the handle of a knife or something (BEING SAFE FIRST of course) and let them suck on that... it really helps. the coldness sooths their gums better than anything and as long as you crush the popsicle it's really easy for them to eat with no assistance... My kids love popsicles still. Good luck! :)
    BeHereAWhile

Answer by BeHereAWhile at 12:41 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• o yea... I cut the popsicles in half too
    BeHereAWhile

• I give him those Popsicles too but he doesn't like to have them for a long time. They haven't broken through yet and I don't use orajel either.
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 12:50 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• ask your doctor.
    genevieve55

Answer by genevieve55 at 2:20 AM on May. 1, 2011