Lower belly fat/love handles

I know to get rid of this area you need to lose overall body wieght, but....Is there any good exercises i can do to tone my mid section and also thighs??? Sit ups only work my upper abs...

lnanln2006

Asked by lnanln2006 at 12:17 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Lower Abs:

lay on your back, put the bottoms of your feet together and then extend your legs into the air and back down.

lay on your back, legs in the air and raise your butt off the ground and push your legs higher into the air then back down.

Thighs:

lunges are good for thighs. Lunge to the left, feet back together in the middle. Lunge to the right and bring feet back together in the middle.

sit in an invisible chair with your arms raised

get into a deep lunge and with your back straight leg, roll your toe up and then back down. You'll be surprised at how much of the whole leg this works on.

with legs spread father than shoulder width, squat down and walk forward 4 steps and then backward 4 steps.

These are some of the leg exercises I do on P90X.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 12:24 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Bike riding! Works your whole body. Also, if you lie flat on your back, life your legs straight in the air and keeping them straight make circles in the air it really uses your ab muscles. Get into push up position, hold for 5 min and thats a great ab workout as well.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 12:24 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Side crunches as well as crunches. Leg lifts.. (where you lie flat on your back and lift both legs towards the ceiling.)
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 12:25 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Do yoga. It's a total body work out, yet your core/midsection does most of the work for the poses. My core is so much stronger since i have been doing yoga regularly. I also feel as if my figure is more flattering now....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:32 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Tai chi is fantastic for it. Anything that has you twisting at the waist will help!
    Amomand4kids

Answer by Amomand4kids at 4:57 PM on May. 2, 2011

• http://www.qualitycaremexico.com/doctors/drrobertomanzano/
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 4:28 PM on May. 4, 2011