My grandmothers memorial service is today, and I know this is silly to worry about....

but what should I wear? Its a community center, inside as its rainy. I have never really been to anything similar before. Do I wear black? Are jeans and a dressy/comfy shirt appropriate? I was thinking jeans, purple shirt, and a black cardigan with some black flats. To under dressed? Thank you. Oh, it is in the afternoon if thats helpful...

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 12:20 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I agree with dullscissors. Funerals are for the living to get together and celebrate the life of the one passed on. How the heck can you have "fun" in tight, constricting clothing, especially when you feel like a beached whale (I did all through the last trimester with BOTH my kids)?

I'd wear clothes that are clean, free of holes that aren't supposed to be there, and COMFORTABLE. I've walked into my husband's church in my jammies, and in jeans and a hoodie; in the middle of their "services". I see wearing CLOTHES much preferable to showing up with nothing on at all.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:57 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I say Wear whats Comfy To you
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 12:23 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• i think jeans are to under dressed everything else seems fine. do you have black pants?
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 12:24 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• if your prego then i dont think it would matter to much cause people will know your tired and dont feel comfortable in dressy clothes. so i think you have a pass to wear jeans this time. but yeah if you werent pregos the black pants would be necessary =) btw sorry about your g-ma
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 12:30 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• you have my condolences.
    my advice would be whatever is comfortable, and is clean, free of disrepair. if its a pair of jeans and a clean tshirt, so be it. does it really matter what one wears to a funeral/memorial service? its not a fashion show, ladies.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:38 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I have black slacks, but Im 7 months prego and doubt they are going to fit me. I should have thought this through!!
    Tarrar

Comment by Tarrar (original poster) at 12:26 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I would feel underdressed in jeans. i don't think you need to wear straight black, the purple sounds like the right touch with a black cardigan. But I would wear a black pencil skirt or dress pants.
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 12:26 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• no jeans...slacks or skirt
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 30, 2011