Dear Lord will someone help me PLEASE!

My son has basically done nothing but scream and puke for the first 11 weeks of his life. We have switched his formula 4 times and we are now on neocate because of protein allergy. But he is still screaming and still puking and still wont sleep... EVER. He is scheduled for hernia surgery on monday and we just left the childrens hospital in minneapolis. Doctors keep saying something is wrong but they dont know what and in the mean time I have severe health issues of my own that I cant get taken care of because I literally cant put my child down for 5 minutes. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on. Did you ever experience anything like this. Its gotten so bad the other night the nurse asked me what my name was and I honestly couldnt remember my own name. Thats how bad its gotten

humaniterian87

Asked by humaniterian87 at 12:18 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Why didn't you breastfeed him? It might be your only choice. Have you read up on re lactation? I'm not bashing but just a suggestion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• we tried nursing. He was born 5 weeks premature and he couldnt suck hard enough to get what he needed. Breastmilk also made him cry and puke and never sleep. It got to the point where I was just to exhausted to pump and take care of him. I would go days without eating because my needs got shoved off to the side (as they still are) and now that he is older I did consider bringin my supply back but I went to take out my pump and i leterally started to sob at the idea of hooking that god forsaken pump up to me again. I just couldnt bring myself to do it
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:24 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• it might be a severe milk allergy..or something else internally wrong that has nothing to do with his food..as for the Doctors..I would SEARCH for someone who knows wtf could possibly be wrong..Get some recruitments, friends, family..to help you and to help you get some rest and take care of urself!!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 12:25 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• It might be reflux, he could possibly have digestive issues. Hopefully someone can figure it out. I'd take him to a different dr for a second opinion.
    I hope you can get it figured out!
    In the meantime, ask some family members to help you out!!
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 12:25 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• oh he was on bm for over 3 weeks if that helps
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:25 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i forgot h is on med for reflux didnt do anything and my mom used to come help but honestly he has worn down the nerves of everyone who used to help out. No one can handle it anymore so im stuck
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:26 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Sweetheart, for your own health and sanity, you need to sleep. Get daddy and grandparents to help you through this! If you cannot take care of the baby, who will? At one month old, my baby got the flu (and was hospitalized for it) and I felt a lot like you seem to. I couldn't recall my name, stop crying, and I looked like a mess! Pray for the baby! You need to delegate some of this to others. I don't know whats wrong with the baby, but I'm sure you will find out, hon! I will pray for you! Good luck!
    amandallamas

Answer by amandallamas at 12:29 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• my husband works nights and started working 20 hours a week of overtime to escape us
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:31 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Enlist your friends and all the grandparents. I know, when the child screams that much, everyone wants to get away! It happened with my kid that way.
    amandallamas

Answer by amandallamas at 12:32 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I'm so sorry! I feel your pain!
    amandallamas