How long does it take child support enforcement to send you the child support they got from you ex?

My ex SAYS he send it in 3 weeks ago and he is only 1 state away, is it normal that i haven't gotten it yet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would think you would have had it by now. Call the clerk for support on Monday and ask.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:26 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I'm in another state from my x and I get it 2-3 days after he pays it. Call though bc they have been known to keep it for something or put it in the wrong account. There should be a 1-800 number for you to call for the state CS dept. The clerk in the county you are in wouldn't have the information unless it's received and you would have it if they received it.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• When they were garnishing his wages it was within 2 days of his paydate. Is there not a website where you can check to see if they've posted it on your account yet? (we have one in NC)

Answer by missanc at 1:24 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My first payment came by check in less than a week. We live in the same town though. My county offers a website that is very easy to use and very informative. I found it by searching "child support (the county you live in" on google. I was also able to sign up for direct deposit. Good luck, I got that first payment and none since.

momsreagan

Answer by momsreagan at 1:46 PM on Apr. 30, 2011