Slimquick

Ok so I have been on slimquick for a week. So far it's not working, I'm eating healthier things and drinking water taken out soda. I have been walking at least an hour everyday. But instead of losing anything I have gained 2 lbs! Anyone else out there taken this and have any advice?

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 12:36 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I took it a long time ago and it never did anything for me. I finally gave up on those type of pills and just started eating better and going for daily walks. It worked much better and it was so much easier to keep the weight off. Best of luck!
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 12:41 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• LOL! Sorry to hear you have gained instead of lost. Somethings work for some people and not for others. My personal advice, save your money on these quickie diets and just cut your calorie intake and keep on eating healthy. Work out as often as you can. I think cardio is a great workout. Keep on with the water and buy crystal light or something like it to flavor your water from time to time since water does get boring after a while. And i love the spray salad dressing with low calories, I spray them on salads and vegetables. If you want any more advice feel free to message me.
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 12:42 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Have you calculated your BMR to know how many calories you should be eating to lose as well as how many calories you should be burning to lose weight? You might not be eating enough or too much and your workout may not be burning enough calories. If there is a lot of uphill or your body isn't used tothe walk you may be gaining muscle. Slimquick though, is a complete waste
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• yeah and i am considered overweight according to my BMI I am 5'1" and 130 lbs but I should be eating 1395 calories each day to lose weight.
    rhanford

Comment by rhanford (original poster) at 12:30 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Well BMI and BMR are two different things. BMR is Basal Metabolic Rate...but yeah you are pretty close, calculating it you should be eating roughly 1430 calories a day...if you are eating within your calorie range to lose you shouldn't need slimquick. So the only other thing to look into is what are you burning in a day. Your BMR says you burn roughly 1385 calories a day being sedentary, which is close to your calorie range....so to lose 1 pound a week, in addition to just your regular day you need to exercise daily and burn 500 calories more to lose a pound a week.

If you are walking at just a regular slow pace you may need to step it up and do some intervals of power walking in there and even a slight jog....even a jog for 1 minute every 10 minutes may be enough!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:28 AM on May. 2, 2011