What kind of birth control worked for you?

So far I hate any kind of hormonal BC, it just has way too many bad side effects but if there is one out there that you can honestly say is good, what is it? Or have you survived on barrier methods alone. I don't want or need nor can afford another baby atleast for a few years. I heven't even made up my mind about another one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I was on Orthotricyclen for six years, and it worked great. My periods were super regular, my flow was lighter, my horrible cramps COMPLETELY disappeared, my energy stayed up...and I never got pregnant! I have nothing bad to say about it, I wish I could take it again! (I'm breastfeeding, so I'm on a mini-pill now)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:14 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I used to use OrthoTricyclen Lo (low estrogen bc I got migraines bc of BC) and I also used Yasmin. (not at the same time of course!) They both worked to keep me from getting pregnant! But of course there is always that 1% but that's with everything. Yasmin I LOVED! It also helps you to lose a little weight. Not considerably, but it keeps you from gaining.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:18 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I absolutetly hate hormonal birth control. It made me very sick and when i started researching it in depth i saw all the side affects and refuse to take it now. I have been doing a lot of research on natural family planning and that is what I plan on using. My friend is a firm believer in Natural family planning and it has been 3 years since her last pregnancy. If you are very careful it works great. Right now my husband and I just use condoms because I am waiting for my cycle to be regular again since I have a small baby. Good Luck and message me if you want the names of good books!
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 9:45 AM on Dec. 4, 2008