Why do you call abortion murder?

An abortion is the removal the fetus from the womb by definition.. A MEDICAL abortion is the removal of the fetus by outside means to terminate a pregnancy. A SPONTANEOUS abortion is aka a miscarriage.

So.. when you say all abortion is murder you include miscarriages. I know that's not what you meant right? You didn't think about that because it's typically called a miscarriage right? There is a difference right? Well you should think before you open your mouths and shout out words like murder about abortions!

Why? Because one: the reason I just listed... TWO: you never think of the mothers out there that the child is already dying that have the choice to either die with the child or have an abortion. Lets say your pet has rabies.. and has the potential to infect you and/or your living child.. You may love your pet dearly but you know the only option is to put Max down. He was part of your family. But you choose your living family first right? because you know max is going to die anyways. Yet do I call you a murderer for that? No, so I want the same respect for the choice I MADE the choice to terminate a pregnancy that was killing me (where the pregnancy was already going to miscarry) and going to leave my living child without her mother.

Point: Maybe you should really think before you speak! You want to call medical unnecessary abortions murder because that is your belief? THEN SAY MEDIAL UNNECESSARY ABORTIONS.. otherwise you are classifying far more people that don't deserve to be classified as murderers!

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 12:37 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I really wish that the term 'spontaneous abortion' would not be used... I had a m/c and it killed me to have that written on my paperwork. I also always had to answer in L&D how many pregnancies, how many births, and how many abortions (no category on whether it was an elective abortion, a medical termination, or a spontaneous abortion.) It always bothered me, first because abortion is such a loaded term and secondly because I really didn't want to have to talk about my miscarriage at multiple appointments.

Personally I do think statments like 'abortion is murder' are meant to be inflammatory, and they hurt people who have had situations such as medical terminations of a terminally ill child. I've had a couple friends in this situation and I know it upsets them to hear people use blanket condemnations like that, even if it isn't intentional on the part of the speaker.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• They have as much right to their opinion as you do to yours.

chaiteamomma

Answer by chaiteamomma at 12:39 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• In MY opinion.. To purposely do something (or purposely have someone do something) to end a life is murder.. A fetus is alive.. It's breathes, eats and grows.. To kill it, or go through a procedure to have it killed is murder.. When people say 'abortion is murder', they are referring to a purposeful act to end the life of the fetus.. So not everyone knows the proper medical term, so what? I haven't heard anyone who has had miscarriage say the actual words "I have had a spontaneous abortion"..
    Everyone knows what they are talking about when they say abortion..
    Obi.Ren.Kenobi

Answer by Obi.Ren.Kenobi at 12:42 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• IMHO, to purposely terminate a pregnancy after the heart is beating is ending an innocent life and, by definition, that's "murder"...although I don't believe I've ever called it such.

Why is it so hard for people to accept that others have different opinions than they do?
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:47 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• i believe that even those who have had a misscariage know When Someone says abortion is murder its Not Meant for those who cant Help They had to have it done It's Meant for those Who Do it Just b/c And Have No Medical Reason To do so !
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 12:47 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• **eats popcorn***
    This is going to be good.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 12:39 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• can of worms

calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:41 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I don't go as far to call abortions murder. However, people have the right to call them that if they believe it to be true and I can see how someone could view it as murder. If someone chooses to kill a perfectly healthy unborn baby, I think that is completely wrong. You don't get to choose how someone views abortion or refers to it, sorry.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:49 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I am generally pro life, but in your case, I can also understand why you had an abortion. With that being said, it was still taking a life. I believe life begins at conception so by that definition, it was STILL taking a life no matter the reason. It's not my place to judge you or anyone else, and I cannot say that I would not have done the same thing if I was in your position, I probably would have.But it still is what it is.

Think of it like this: If someone broke into my house and had a knife and was intent on killing my kids... and I shot the guy and he died... I still killed him. I still murdered him. Even though most would say it was justified, as they would your abortion, I still killed him. Did I have a reason? Yes. Would I kill a man to save my babies? Yes I would. But it doesn't change the fact that I killed him.

Even if our motives are reasonable, we have to accept that someone still won't agree.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 1:02 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Lizzypuppyloove-according to the doctors any fetus that has a heartbeat is considered alive.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:24 PM on Apr. 30, 2011